Do and don't in Congo

Are you living in Congo? We need you to share your experience of the local customs :)

Is it difficult to adjust to the local customs in Congo?

Could you please share with us a list of the do's and don't's in Congo?

Thanks!

I  have an offer from Yamha distributor in Kinshasha & would like to know about DO & DOnt

Im looking for the same information, have u got any info so far?

Hi DFRA80 and welcome to Expat.com!

If it comes you get info on the do & don't in Congo, don't forget to let us know. ;)

Harmonie. :)

Do not trust everyone. Do learn at least french before moving there peolpe might take advantage if you can not communicate. Careful of them young gangsters on the road and make some friends from you home country when you get there.

good luck

Expat.com wrote:

Are you living in Congo? We need you to share your experience of the local customs :)

Is it difficult to adjust to the local customs in Congo?

Could you please share with us a list of the do's and don't's in Congo?

Thanks!

Dear All,

I am in Congo since 2005 September and i have visited most of the province of this country..........
It is very easy to adjust with local customs because they are the mostly practiced in other parts of the Africa more or less same ....if you have any of the african countries experience.......Even if you are the first timer to Africa and landed in Congo then also it is not at all a problem.........Because people here have respect for foriegners....
Yes you can't trust to everyone but its universal truth for everyehere in the world.....
Try to stay in the centreville area's if you are new here.......
Don't take risk for anything which you don't know.......
Even though things looks like easy here but lack of knowledge and contacts may spoil your career as well as your personal life.....
Always carry some documents with you like passport or certificate de domicille,or driving license etc....if working in a oil and petrol sector carry your identity card if you are returning from the job at night hours.......
Always take personal taxi which is cheaper if you don't have any vehicle..........
Don't drive without license and other necessary documents of the vehicle...........
Try to keep your passport copy with visa copy attested by the mayor..........so that you will not carry always your passport..........
If you are comming first time to Congo.......please bring some basic medicines...........
apart from all this if any personal doubts to anyone can contact me directly.......i will try to solve if he/she has any problem...........

Regards,
Anil

Hi
     I am from India and I got an job offer from Congo Lubumbashi I want to about the cost of living there in USD. If would be grate if you could communicate with me on [email protected]

hardiksant wrote:

Hi
     I am from India and I got an job offer from Congo Lubumbashi I want to about the cost of living there in USD. If would be grate if you could communicate with me on [email protected]

Try this website www.numbeo.com