Best place in Florence to raise children

Hi there, I am considering moving to Italy with my two little boys, to start a new life. I lived in Venice for 6 years when at University, 15- 20 years ago. I am now settled in London but gone thought a traumatic divorce and so have no more reason to remain in the UK. Very lonely over here.
I am thinking about making a move, a single mother with 4 and 6 year old children. Its a scary thought.
I want to live somewhere beautiful, not isolated, in a safe residential area with other families and children where my boys could go to a good school and make new friends.
I was thinking Florence, but in its residential parts, or wherever best suited for growing up children. I can not live in a small town and definitely not isolated in the middle of olives and vines. I like gardens and classical architecture. Any suggestions for areas I should be looking at please?

Alena

I'm sorry for your divorce. Florence is beautiful for raising kids especially the areas away from the city center. Places like Scandicci, Novoli and Sesto Fiorentino. The center is not suited for family life.
Have fun in your search.

Thank you so much B8mode! How are the schools, do you have any experience? I am fluent but my boys would need to learn the language, is some support for non - Italian speaking children provided?
Alena

I'm studying Interior design here and my program is 100% in English language. I believe that there are schools that suit your boys here. I'll do some research for you if you need me to.