25.000 in Chiang Mai are enough for an expat?

Hi guys,
i have been offered a job in a call center in Chiang Mai but the pay is really low, 25k a month but they'll hire me from abroad so is really rare i guess to get these jobs. 40 hours per week. They won't pay my flight to Thailand but work visa yes.
The company seems really good but i am not sure if moving and do this step as i think with this money i can only pay my rent and eat.
Any experience out there please?

I think you're asking about CM not BKK.
That's about $750, right?

Yes sorry was my first post, i will move on the other section
Correct 750-750 US dollars

I heard that the average daily wage for a non-skill worker in Thailand is approx $10 US...  so how much skills will almost 3 times that pay get?

maxjones wrote:

Hi guys,
i have been offered a job in a call center in Chiang Mai but the pay is really low, 25k a month but they'll hire me from abroad so is really rare i guess to get these jobs. 40 hours per week. They won't pay my flight to Thailand but work visa yes.
The company seems really good but i am not sure if moving and do this step as i think with this money i can only pay my rent and eat.
Any experience out there please?

I don't think those jobs are really rare... Your rent and food would be about all you could afford to pay with 25k per mth and you would not have any health insurance. Keep in mind you will have many other expenses like; cell phone, electric, water, transportation, etc. If you come, make sure you have enough money saved to pay your flight back home or you may be begging like so many other foreigners who become broke and destitute here when they run out of money...

Kindly...

jmakjmak wrote:

I heard that the average daily wage for a non-skill worker in Thailand is approx $10 US...  so how much skills will almost 3 times that pay get?

I guess your only skill is speaking English natively.
You'd make more money as a teacher.