Moving to Bejing

I have been offered a position with my company in Bejing, I'm currently in Morocco so it's a big change!

Can anyone recommend an area in Bejing to live in if I dont have my own transport?

Also is there a good website to use when looking for appartments?

Is there a good expat community in Bejing?

any advice welcome about living over there as I imagine it will be quite different from Marrakech!

Chris

Hello Chris,

The Accommodation in China article might help you; it contains some useful website links & info which can assist you in finding a suitable accommodation as per your budget & needs.

Regards

I am real estate agent in Beijing. It is pretty big when talking about apartments in Beijing for expatirate like yourself. some foreign expatriates choise apt base on the following concerns:

1. transportation - subway line is a must since the traffic is always bad in Beijing from Monday to Sunday in especially live area such as sanlitun, houhai...

2. close to work - most of the office buildings are in the central the city. and there are a lots of choice of accommadation around.

3. close to school or kingdergarden for children.

As a new comer as yourself, I suggest you google earth where you work first, then you might come clear of the surroundings.

I hope this can be some help to you :)

Cara

Chris where is your office located?

How generous a housing budget have they given you?

If you the answers are too personal then please feel free to message me.

Hi Manlin

The office I will be working in is located near Wangfujing - At the moment I dont get a housing allowance - i just get a salary and pay for my own housing. I'm looking for a 1 bed or 2 bed apartment that is fully furnished - I want to be near a decent gym and if possible a supermarket and not too far from work!

If you can suggest somewhere to start looking it would be appreciated!

Thanks

Chris

Hi Chris, 
[Moderated: No free advert, please use private message instead]