Festivals in Montenegro

Hello everyone,

What are the main festivals in Montenegro? Are there art, food, music, film, or other festivals expats can attend and participate in?

When do the festivals take place? How long does each festival usually last?

What activities go on during the festival? Is it necessary to buy tickets?

Are there any other events that take place in Montenegro that shouldn't be missed?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

There are many Festivals all over the Montenegro during the whole year. Many music Festivals, Art, Film and Food. Let me tell you about some of them. In my hometown Herceg Novi, the most famous Festival is so called Praznik mimoze - feast of mimosa. Mimosa is the best known flower in my town and that Festival goes in February from 1969. It included free food and drink ( fish, wine and beer ), maskenbal, exhibition of flowers. Similar are in Kotor and Tivat. During the summer, there are a lot of music, arts, literary and films events in every town so called cultural summer from July to August. Some Festival that I visit every year is White Field Jazz Festival ( Bijelo Polje ) . It is in July. The days of the Czech film in October in Podgorica in KIC " Budo Tomović ". Film Festival on Human Rights Acceleration, every year in December in Podgorica and Berane where I lived now. There are many other Festivals during the whole year.Lake Fest (20 - 22. jul) in Nikšić, Sea Dance festival in Budva from 2014.Montenegro film festival in Herceg Novi in August.Herceg Novi April Theater Festival from 1995,Days of music in July in Herceg Novi,Guitar Art Summer Fest  in August in Herceg Novi and much more.