Having baby

Hi
I am planning to have a baby but i can't find a good hospital or doctor near my home, do you have any suggestions please? I am already very afraid of the pregnancy and  birth idea and the problems which may occur. Beside, i always hear that the doctors and hospitals in Turkey are not that good? Is that true?! What is the average cost?
Thank you very much...

İstanbul iş huge and there are certain hospitals which are not as bad. 
Which area are you living in?

Bahçeşehir

Near me there
Elitium tıp merkezi
Liv istinye hastanesi
Acibadem hastanesi
Esencen hastanesi
Medhaus
Midlife and some others in beylikdüzü

Hi Yoosa

There are plenty of good hospitals offering world class medical care for all needs in İstanbul. You dont need to worry at all if you are in the right one. Most common private hospitals having branches in different districts in İstanbul are;

- Acıbadem Hastanesi
- Medical Park Hastanesi
- Liv Hospital

I believe the first thing you need to do is to go see any gynecologist in one of these hospitals(nearest branch to your location can be found on their website) to determine your exact needs such as the approximate date, type of birth etc,

If it will be a natural birth, they d probably charge you for around 8k TRY. In case of a birth by surgery, this would be around 12k TRY. Remember that these prices vary depending on the hospital, additional services they offer, your own needs etc,

Insurance packages from companies like Allianz, Axa, Groupama, Sompo Japan etc can be used to get significant amount of discounts(even for free on some specific insurance packages),

Hope this helps at a glance
EK

Thank you very much for the very helpful information... I think there are branches forthese three hospitals near me... My insurance company is Ankara, do you if it is a good one?.
Again thank you  :)

Hi

I made a quick search on the internet to find out which hospitals this Ankara insurance is associated with. Please refer to the following link;

http://service.cgmturkiye.com/root/kuru … frame.aspx

First option should be selected as "hastane" and the second option as "istanbul". Click the button named "göster" at the end.

As far as i can see from the list, this insurance company has agreement with most of Acıbadem branches in İstanbul(a very descent hospital as mentioned in my earlier post),

They also have it with Liv Hospital and a branch of Medical Park Hospital in Gaziosmanpaşa district which could be far for you to visit from home,

On Ankara insurance's webpage, it says that it is optional for customer to have a birth coverage which is why i first suggest you to get in contact with the company to make sure the package you have includes it. If not, it may be nice to buy it additionally before the operation in order to afford the expenses.

On the overall, it seems like a good insurance considering the hospital network they work with,

Good luck with that
Thanks
EK

Really thanks for the information, and i am sorry to bother you... This was more than helpful  :) I will use the link and ask the hospital too...
Thanks  :gloria:gloria:)