Retiring in Kosovo

Hello everyone,

Why did you choose to retire in Kosovo? What are the advantages compared with your home country?

What were your main considerations when deciding to move? For example, taxes, ease of transferring your pension, etc..

Are there any specific formalities you had to go through as a retiree moving to Kosovo (for example, is there a particular retirement visa)?

What is Kosovo's healthcare like? Have you had any good or bad experiences dealing with healthcare professionals?

Do you have any tips for other retirees in Kosovo?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

After several hours, I cannot even find a webpage, official or not, that sets out temporary or permanent residency visa requirements in Kosovo--so, this experience is starting out as one of my weirdest foreign adventures.

@atomsheart9 no idea on permanent residency but, travel visas are not really needed for most countries. i mean the 1st time i went via boat, (up that lake river from Albania)  think someone glanced at a passport and was like "your here now" and took us to gjakova. the 2nd time, (flying in) someone looked at passport stamped it. and handed it back. note im a canadian. as for more permanent stay i got the feeling, filling some paperwork. paying fees, and ether having a job or buying some house, would likely solve most things. it seems very lose on what is "official" and what is err. "done".