Private/International school in Bangkok

Hi All,

Need advice on Private/International school in Bangkok for a 7yo kid.
How much it cost for a average good school with not too expensive fees but a good one?

Thanks a lot!

I personally don't have any information for you. About a  week ago I attended an all day work hop for special education services. It seemed as though around 50& were from Bangkok. The school that hosted the work shop was Prem International School. You might contact them, via their web site. I believe the directors name is normal. That's the best I can do for you.

Hi Cedric

As you are Malaysian, it's best to put your kid at Bangkok Pattana. He need to be interview first to know his level of English. There's NCIS which is at Sukhumvit Soi 15

Most important is can your kid get back to Malaysia education system if you goes back to Malaysia.

If you are going to USA then study in American school and if UK then Harrows etc

Average fees per term is 200,000 baht upwards excluding field trips, activities, lunch, transport.

Transport fees can be 40,000 baht per term.

Usually expats kids education are covered by the employers contract. If not, you need to have an income of 400,000 - 500,00 baht per month

Your accommodation, living expenses, vehicle, your kids school fees etc

It's best to contact the Malaysian Embassy in Bangkok for more details. Besides there's Kelab Malaysia and Malaysia Thai Chamber of commerce.

Thanks for your tips!

bill kip wrote:

I personally don't have any information for you. About a  week ago I attended an all day work hop for special education services. It seemed as though around 50& were from Bangkok. The school that hosted the work shop was Prem International School. You might contact them, via their web site. I believe the directors name is normal. That's the best I can do for you.

Thanks for your tips!

Rejoice wrote:

Hi Cedric

As you are Malaysian, it's best to put your kid at Bangkok Pattana. He need to be interview first to know his level of English. There's NCIS which is at Sukhumvit Soi 15

Most important is can your kid get back to Malaysia education system if you goes back to Malaysia.

If you are going to USA then study in American school and if UK then Harrows etc

Average fees per term is 200,000 baht upwards excluding field trips, activities, lunch, transport.

Transport fees can be 40,000 baht per term.

Usually expats kids education are covered by the employers contract. If not, you need to have an income of 400,000 - 500,00 baht per month

Your accommodation, living expenses, vehicle, your kids school fees etc

It's best to contact the Malaysian Embassy in Bangkok for more details. Besides there's Kelab Malaysia and Malaysia Thai Chamber of commerce.

Hi Rejoice,

So if company not covered kids education, the income must have > 400,000b?
This amount is quite huge, usually what kind of level they able to offer such rate?

Hi Cedric

For your info, GM of a 4 star hotel will have at least 250,000 baht excluding all the perks etc

If you can afford to pay the school fees of an international school, are you telling me you will stay in a studio apartment and take public transport?

A Malaysian who works in an American firm on food flavours stayed in a service apartments with rental rate is 90,000 baht. He gets a BMW 5 series with a driver. His son studied in Bangkok Pattana school.

Not everyone can afford International school here.

A Malaysian lady is full time housewife while her hk husband is a financial consultant. Their home has a swimming pool in Sukhumvit road. House rental is 500,000 baht per month.

Come over to Thailand and do survey yourself.