Teaching Jobs in Salvador

Hi,

I'm a teacher who also has a 3 year old daughter. I have spent some time in Salvador over the years and would love to live there. I wanted to know how easy it would be to get a permanant teaching job there in a school/college. Has anyone got any advice? Trying to think or how it's possible to make this dream a reality with such a small child. Thanks!

Hi tamarab,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Hopefully members with more experience on this subject will respond to your post soon.

You could maybe specify what subject/s you teach and which level (primary or secondary school)?

Kind regards,
Haf

Thanks for the advice Haf,

I'm trained to teach in infant/primary schools but I've also taught in secondary school and at present teach Post 16 International Baccalaureate Psychology. I'm also the International Baccalaureate Coordinator. I'm sure that the IB is taught in Brazil, but there aren't too many international school in Salvador, especially not schools with a British Curriculum. It would be great to know how other families have managed to ensure that there children receive an education in Brazil that is recognised world wide.

Hope to hear from others who have some advice/knowledge!

Thanks

Hi Tamarab,

I am mexican, 28 yo girl with a 8 month old baby. And had been living in Salvador for almost a year. My advice will be to apply directly to private schools they have tons of them in Salvador. They have one called Panamericana that is a bilingual school I don't have their website but try to send them your CV they specialize in bilingual teaching at all levels. 

Best luck and let me know when you are finally here =)

Netly

Hi Netly,

Thank you for your response. I have heard of the panamrican school and the colegio anglo-brasileiro and definitely need to investigate more and send out my CV. I don't know of any other private schools. My and my daughter will be visiting Salvador for 3 weeks in July. I can't wait!   

Kind regards

Tamara

Hi and welcome on the forum Tamara :)

I would also suggest you to post an advert in the jobs> Social, teaching section of Salvador da Bahia classifieds ;)

Good luck
Armand

Hey guys, i'm also wondering if theres any information on how to get a work visa/permit to be able to stay and live in Salvador!??
I'm irish and looking to teach english there to all levels!
Any information would be great. thanks !!!