New in Johor Bahru / JB: Schools & Place to live in Nusajaya

Dear all,

New comer in the forum, my family is preparing our move to JB as I've recently got a job offer to Nusajaya.

We are presently based in Thailand and have 2 kids (4 and 9 y.o.) studying in an international school.

I've already read & learned a lot from the different threads nevertheless I still have some open questions:

1- International Schools:
Budget wise and also commuting time wise (max. 20 min one way) we are considering 2 schools: Sunway International School (SIS) or Tenby International School (Setia Eco Gardens) and would appreciate any feedback from people having kids there (or having visited both schools) regarding quality of education / teachers / facilities or any other interesting points to share.

2- Best place to live:
From the mostly recommended Expat' compounds / gated communities near Nusajaya found across the forums (Leisure Farm, Ledan Heights, East Ledang, Horizon Hills, Setia Eco Gardens) I would be interested in any useful feedback from people living there regarding:
- 2.a: approx. rental cost for a 3-4 bedroom house
- 2.b: amenities (restaurants, swimming pool, fitness, shops ...), security & proximity to best Malls in JB
- 2.c.: any recommendation of other great compound / gated community in Nusajaya is welcome

Thanks a lot in advance  for your answers, it will help us to better prepare our move to JB and/or will hopefully provide useful info to other people.

Take care.

Miolsola

Hi,

I am local and move to Eco garden from nusa Duta about a year ago.
From my experience:
1. Eco garden - excellent greenery view and a very large community park. But less convenient if you do not have your own transport. But is very near to tenby.
I usually drive to bukit indah to shop for my grocery weekly.

2. Nusa Duta (Gated & Guarded community)
    - Very near to banking, eaterly, tesco & giant. (walking distance); very convenient.
    - Cluster corner with big land can get at around RM2500 (partial furnished) monthly rental. Fully furnished around RM3k for intermediate.
    - They should have a transport from bukit indah to tendy.

Hope my info helps.

Thanks for your answer jocelynkvs. It helps.

As Tenby has no place for one of our kids we will opt either for Sunway or Raffles. We will visit both the schools in the coming days.

Hence Setia Eco Gardens would be a bit far.

Would you have some information or opinions from you or your friends about community such as Horizon Hills or Ledang Heights or Leisure Farm (though seems to be quite far from Raffles if we will opt for this one) or any other "well rated" "gated & guarded " community close to Raffles or Sunway ?

Thanks,

Miolsola

Hi,

Let me know you do you plan to have your own transport when you are here?
A piece of advice, you can contact the school first and get them to provides you with a list of transporter. See which area they cover. Then it will be easier for you to look for accommodation
and may i know what is your budget range ?

Moderated by Sarvesh 6 years ago
Reason : no free ads on the forum + post your offer in the housing section of the website.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct
Moderated by Sarvesh 6 years ago
Reason : no free ads on the forum + post your offer in the housing section of the website.
Moderated by Chris 6 years ago
Reason : Please post your advert under the Housing section.

Hi Miolsola,
We are relocating from the UK to Kuala Lumpur this August.  I am also considering SIS for my 12 year old daughter although not sure if possible as the intake for year 8 is in January.  Anyhow, wanted to know whether you got the opportunity to visit the school, if yes, what's your opinion.  We plan on living in Bandar Sunway as my husband will be working there but all depends on school my daughter gets admission in.  Any info would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks . . .