Get Together /Meet Up in Riyadh

Hi Every One,

I have just recently moved to Riyadh from Jeddah and can't think of a better way to make new friends than to throw a party :)

So any one up for some free bites, drop me a line. Tentative date is 10th of March.

Snacks n drinks ( soft drinks :P ) will be served.. venue will be my place.

I don't plan on making it a speed dating event. That said, it is Open to All !!! As long as you speak English ( or are able to communicate using hand signs ) and are fun loving, you are most welcome.

Hello kamiii,

Wow, this is a great approach to socialize :one .  Brilliant initiative and I hope you will get many positive responses.

Sounds great

where is the location, how can we arrange??

Sorry, am out of town, well done for the initiative, :top:  it's good to see as usually this is left to the same old suspects :rolleyes:  Enjoy the party :)

Me and my flat mate would be up for this, just let us know where and when. Good luck wit it all.

Mick.

Hi,

I'm interested.  I'm new to Riyadh from the states and I speak English AND can communicate through hand signals (thank goodness for those sign language classes in college).  How does this work?

CSim123 wrote:

Hi,

I'm interested.  I'm new to Riyadh from the states and I speak English AND can communicate through hand signals (thank goodness for those sign language classes in college).  How does this work?

lolllll .. i meant if you cant speak English, u must be able to communicate well with hand signals :P

Looking forward to see you there..

For people who are interested in incoming.. please don't freak out if I contact you to ask some personal details :P I am inviting you to my house, I should at least know you a little.

and address will be communicated later, for now this much should be enough that I live in a compound...

samizm wrote:

where is the location, how can we arrange??

HI samizm, location will be my place. Even if you don't have a car, the place is highly accessible by Taxis, and next to many publicly familiar landmarks.

I am hoping to get a balanced participation of at least 10 people to go ahead :)

keep it up guys! Hope i get an invite

gowiththeflowUK wrote:

Sorry, am out of town, well done for the initiative, :top:  it's good to see as usually this is left to the same old suspects :rolleyes:  Enjoy the party :)

aww.. it would have been amazing to have a pro expat among us :)

thanks for your wishes/thoughts.. when are you back btw?

This is really great.

Can I participate?

I really interested to meet new people from different countries and share ideas.

That also will help to improve my English the most.

I do speak Arabic(Fluent)and English (Fair).

Regards to all.

Me,Me,Me want to join :)

me also, count me in :)

I asked kami to count me in but he refused :(

Huh !! When did that happen !?!? 

If I remebere correctly, I invited you to a lot of other gatherings besides this one as well :p

wers my invite kamiii??

Where's my PM asking for one...

i didnt wanted to ask for an invite... it doesnt sound good (but still i asked in public)

if im not too late, count me in guys.

what date are you thinking? weekdays or weekends?

Salman

Hey Salman, I would love to invite you but unfortunately my compound has a strict no entry rule for Saudis..

Sorry about that..

Hi,

I sent PM for invitation but still I'm not getting any reply.

Waiting:whistle:

kamiii wrote:

Hey Salman, I would love to invite you but unfortunately my compound has a strict no entry rule for Saudis..

Sorry about that..

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

salman, ur wish came true!!! u a saudi now! ;)

well. how about if I produce another Nationality ? http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg67/DumbDragon/Smileys/rofl.gif

I'm Saudi and I have been to all compounds in Riyadh.

Previously YES it was so strict but not anymore.

Double check with the compound management to clarify.

Hi People,

Been away on a trip back home (UK).

Kamii if you still have places I would like to attend.

Thanks

though you didnt mention that earlier. :/

but I'll back out on this any way. dont want to sound sore about it :P

Salman

kamiii wrote:

Guys, sorry to burst your bubble, but kindly note that this is a family event with the primary purpose of bringing the housewives n ladies together, to give them some activity or watever..

There is no mixed gathering of single guys n girls. Any of you still wanting in, PM me

:blink::blink::blink:

Did I miss something here?

I have read in the first post that it's open to all....but evidently there is no mixture of bachelors and family within the kingdom...well I am out....lol

Have fun though guys...

@ CAF .. well I was hoping to invite couples only, so as not to be awkward for others.

Although I have no objection but the only reason I am putting off inviting single guys is that I have just one single lady on the list up till now, no balance there at the moment.

Let me float the thought among the guests who are coming.. and if they are comfortable, i'll extend you guys the invite as well .

Dont worry .. we will organize another party soon for singles only ;)

@ dynamo1131 : The mixing of families among each other is fine,

i just need to confirm the families are comfortable with the bachelors mixing in with them :P

kamiii wrote:

@ dynamo1131 : The mixing of families among each other is fine,

i just need to confirm the families are comfortable with the bachelors mixing in with them :P

Can I make a suggestion....make two rooms, one family section and the other for bachelors, just what restaurants do in KSA...lol

well the actual plan is that the guys will be outside working their ass off on the BBQ.. lets see how that turns out ..

Guys .. I am extremely sorry I will have to delay this by a couple of weeks. Stupid compound hasn't finalized my lease yet .. I am still stuck at the hotel .

and don't worry .. every one who replied on the thread is most welcome to join ( single/couples/with kids).. my apologies.. I didn't realize all you guys already know each other.. so I can safely assume there will be no awkward moments :P

cheers

kamiii wrote:

Hi Every One,

I have just recently moved to Riyadh from Jeddah and can't think of a better way to make new friends than to throw a party :)

So any one up for some free bites, drop me a line. Tentative date is 10th of March.

I don't plan on making it a speed dating event. That said, it is Open to All !!! As long as you speak English ( or are able to communicate using hand signs ) and are fun loving, you are most welcome.

Hi,

Nice Idea I guess but probably would have been more feasible if you didn't choose your place as a venue since you don't have a place yet.

Why don't we guyz have a get together of our own someplace outside, let's say like, we go for bowling and then dinner afterwards.

kamii
welcome to riyadh and Expat.com! enjoy!

it would be a pleasure to meet up with you and the others, my 1st in here..

I can drop by myself or with wifey, your call

cheers :)

S

slyshooter wrote:
kamiii wrote:

Hi Every One,

Hi,

Nice Idea I guess but probably would have been more feasible if you didn't choose your place as a venue since you don't have a place yet.

Why don't we guyz have a get together of our own someplace outside, let's say like, we go for bowling and then dinner afterwards.

bowling sounds great...i haven't been to UBC in a while and am suddenly aching for some serious competition. I feel really bad pinning 170+ against my wife's 50

kamiii wrote:

Guys .. I am extremely sorry I will have to delay this by a couple of weeks. Stupid compound hasn't finalized my lease yet .. I am still stuck at the hotel .

and don't worry .. every one who replied on the thread is most welcome to join ( single/couples/with kids).. my apologies.. I didn't realize all you guys already know each other.. so I can safely assume there will be no awkward moments :P

cheers

welcome to the desert, kamii...

you are finally beginning to understand that Rome wasn't built in a day...

UBC is good

who else is up for it