Newbie!

Hi!

I'm living in Daxing (about an hour by subway South of Beijing)  I've been here about 6 weeks on a 15 month contract.  I try to make it into the city as often as I can for some sense of normalcy since it's pretty remote down here. :)  Nice to read so many great blogs about daily life in Beijing... it's been very helpful.

Would love to hook up with other expats and learn/share experiences.

Thanks!

Welcome on Expat.com PeregrinatorPractice ;)

PeregrinatorPractice hi,

I organise networking events nearly every Tuesday, so if you ever have a free Tuesday and wish to meet some English speaking foreigners and English speaking Chinese then just drop me a line.

Thanks that would be great!  Are the events usually in the evening or during the day?

Hi Peregrinator Practice,

Nice to meet you here,

Usually Manlin's events are in the evenings, after 7:30, but sometimes he also organizes week end trips outside Beijing...

By the way I also have a house in Daxing, I usually go there for the week ends, but not in winter time, it's too cold........ waiting for the spring...

Enjoy China and Happy Chinese New year :)

I have sent you a private message with the info about the February events.

The trips Gullekian mentions are only during the warmer months.

ENJOY BEIJING

PeregrinatorPractice, i see you're from Minnesota (same here) so I'm sure you're used the cold.
I'm not sure what your religious beliefs are but there are several international churches that meet on Sundays (bicf.org for info), it's a good way to connect with other expats.

Used to the cold, yes... still don't like it though.  Seems to be warming a bit now though.  I work on Sundays but thanks for the tip.