American family moving to Beijing...

Hello,

My husband & I dream of living in Beijing with our 3 wonderful girls (7,5 and 3). We will be visiting Beijing for the 1st time this summer to begin our research. If all goes well, we hope to move to Beijing in 2 years and stay for 2-3 years. The main reason for our decision is to expose our girls to a different culture as well as have them learn Mandarin. We are not being relocated to China by a company so we are pretty much winging it. We will greatly appreciate any suggestions and comments (including schools for the kids, Chinesse school vs. Bilingual schools, housing, social clubs, etc.etc) on our mission.

Welcome on board geenasiedu ;)

I hope that other members will be able to provide you with useful information in regards to your above queries.

Regards

I hope your trip this summer goes well. My wife Kara and I have been living here for over three years now and we really love it. It's great to move overseas and expose your kids to a different culture and worldview.

Here's a link to an article from out blog about questions to ask before moving to China 7 Questions to Ask Before Moving to Beijing. and another one my wife wrote on How Expats Survive in Beijing.

hello everyone,my husband is going to work in beijing soon and he want us to go with him my concern's are where is a good place to take my littleone so she can enjoy the day? and what is beijing really like? pls let me know i would love to here it...

Hi Christie,

Welcome on Expat-blog! :)

I hope other members will be able to advise you.

If you have other questions, i suggest you to start a new topic on the Beijing forum.

Thank you and good luck.