Moving to Beijing in January

Hi everyone!

I am 26 yers old guy, come from Spain and will work as an export/import manager in Beijing, from January onwards.

However, I don't have accomodation yet... (I have already visited https://www.expat.com/en/classifieds/asia/china/beijing , but everything seem to be very expensive over there.

If some of you can give me further information about rentals within Chaoyang District, like some trustable websites, prices and so on, I would really appreciate it! (If possible, I would like to live alone in an appartment/studio, but actually I don't know if that would be possible: my budget is below 6000 CNY/month.

I really hope that I can meet some of you guys personally to hang out, grab a beer or whatever.

Thanks all in advance! Regards,
Chemi.

Hi Chemi!

Welcome to Expat.com ;)

Armand

[Moderated: please post in classifieds]

wish you a happy new year!

cheers

i live in beijing !! what kind of apartment you want to renting!

Hi, I am looking for a one room apartment or studio within Chaoyang.

Good luck finding an apartment within the range that you require, Chaoyang is pretty expensive!!

Be prepared to bargain hard with the estate agent :)

Richmond Park & Upper East Side are nice places, but again expensive!!

6,000RMB/month is more than doable for one bedroom apartment and yes it can be in the Chaoyang District which is huge but very unlikely that it will be in the CBD area.

Are you prepared to commute by subway? What's the nearest subway to your office?

Try maybe the Sihuidong subway station area.(Line 1)

Or closer to town maybe the Shuangjing area (Line 10)

You will need to use a local Estate Agency (example Home Link) but highly unlikely that they can speak English and at your budget level expect to pay anywhere from 50% - 100% of the Agent's fee.

If you have a Chinese speaking friend then ask them to help.

If not I can suggest some people who will be willing to help you with the home search but they will want to be paid for their time.

Hellow...
Hey yo también soy nueva en Beijing apenas llevo 3 semanas, déjame decirte que la zona que quieres es de las más caras, no sé donde recomendarte vivir pero puedo preguntar.
Por otro lado, yo soy Aupair aquí en beijing y algunas compañeras y yo somos bastante nuevas pero puedes ponerte en contacto cuando llegues y salir con nosotras.

Saludos,
Ada

Ada hi, this is the English language section of Expat-Blog.

Please only use English.

Beijing is an international city!