Homeschooling in Shenzhen

Hello .. I am wondering if there are any homeschooling groups happening in or around Shenzhen. I will be moving to the area in July ( I know.. HOT) with my husband and three children and will continue homeschooling them so would love to meet other homeschooling / unschooling families.
Thanks

Hello, I am helping out some children with science at home. You can get in touch with me on wechat - ***

Moderated by Priscilla 7 years ago
Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security

Hi and thanks for your reply.. I won't be in China for another few months but am really keen to find out if there are other families actually home schooling their kids full time.. would you know of any?

Hi. I am in the same situation. I gave 3 kids who I will be homeschooling.

Hi,

We are also considering homeshooling. We will move to Shenzhen in August 2019. Is it possible to get in touch?  Thanks.
my wechat: ***

Best regards,
Limei

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Contact details should not be posted on the forum but rather exchanged through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi, I am searching for homeschool community, and so glad to see your post. Can we connect in some way?

Hi, Yes. It will be nice to be connected and to discuss homeschooling, but I am afraid that it is not allowed to disclose private emails etc. I have done so before and the contact info was deleted by the web administration. Is it possible to ask the owner of Expat.com?

They don't like people posting their contact details on the open forum - it is for your own protection.

click on a person's profile/avatar and send them a PM using the link.

Hi. We are probably moving in Shenzhen in October. Did you find any home schooling group? I'm interested too.
Thanks

Hi, I did not find a group. But find one family :-)

And are you guys still home schooling? Or do you find a school? Thanks

Hi, Sorry that my previous response was not precise. We plan to have home school for the first semester at least. The other family is planning for both options (applying for international school and homeschooling).

Thank you very much. Good luck with everything.

Hi there,

I am new here.  May I know why do you guys do home schooling?  I am from Singapore and checking options of bringing my 3 kids here.  So a big concern is how do we continue their education moving forward.  1 of them is in junior high school, 1 in elementary and last one in kindergarten.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thank you!
Clarance.

If you all want to discuss person issues with another person on expat.com, contact them directly and offer your email. Then you can connect.

However, you do need to be very careful. There are predators that frequent all Chinese expat forums. Be careful.

Hi, we have several reasons for home schooling. We do not have time and it is impractical to find a school for our big boy, who is 10. We also want to try how home schooling will work out. The little boy at 5 will go to kindergarten. We will consider finding a school when we are in Shenzhen.

Your child's ability to go to public school in China will depend on their passport.

Public school is only for Chinese citizens.

Private Schools are for everyone.

International Schools are for the children of expats.

There are stories of a few rare individuals that managed some guangxi and managed to have their expat children attend public school. It can happen, though in the examples that I have read, one parent was a Chinese citizen. If you do intend for your child to attend a Chinese public school, be ready to negotiate and discuss the matter with the headmaster. This will need to be done well in advance of the school year, and you will need to give face, and negotiate in Chinese.

Best wishes.