Possible move with 3 toddlers

My husband is considering taking a 2 year contract in shenzhen.  His office will be in the futian district.  We currently live in the US, portland, or and have almost 3 year old triplets.  I looking for some opinions on where to live.  I'll be staying home with my children, so accessibility to parks, play areas, child friendly restaurants, shopping, etc is important to us, as well as a short travel distance to the office for my husband.  How does one get around alone with 3 small children there?  Thanks in advance!

Hello emily24,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

I wish you all the best in your research.

Rouma

first welcome to Shenzhen,you can look around in Nanshan or Shekou,the neighborhood is nice and great,I am Chinese live in shenzhen for a few years.If you need any help,feel free to ask me.

Hi Emily, I am mom of two and came to China a year back. We are loving it over here.we live in Futian. We live in apartments where mostly all foreigners are. It is very continent place. I can't write on blog much details but my email I'd is reet_khurana@hotmail. Please drop me an email and send me your questions may be I can help you with it.

Wondering if there are any nurseries taking children full time from 1.5 years old in the Nanshan district of Shenzhen. Otherwise does anyone know how much an Ayi would cost?  Thanks so much, expat working mum of 2!

An Ayi costs around 2500yuan per month, normally they need a rest on the Sunday, and you can either choose to have them stay at home or not...I'm currently looking for one for my baby,I had one neighbor to look after my baby, clean the house and cook the dinner before, but her husband does not like her to work outside and she will stop working in a few days...