Speaking Maldivian in Maldives

Hi everyone,

It is widely agreed that speaking Maldivian is essential for a successful integration in Maldives. Do you agree? Share your experience!

Do you speak Maldivian? If so, where did you learn this language? Where can one attend a language course in Maldives?

If not, how do you cope with daily activities? Is it easy to communicate in a different language with Maldivians?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

i spk Maldivian language i learn through my office college

Hi, it is nt essential that we need to know Maldivian language because most of the people (who works) knows English, but for being a nurse l felt knowing a local language is very easy for dealing patients. Atleast if we speak some words they may feel comfortable and it helps for nurse - patient relationship.
          From my personal experience learning Maldivian language is not v tough. It has similarity with Hindi, even though most of the people knows Hindi especially younger generation , all are fond of watching Hindi movies and dramas.
        I also cant speak well in Maldivian language but can make others understand what l thought . it helps me in lot of situations .
       I think there is no special place where teaches this language. English is mandatory for survive in Maldives , as l told yu before most of the people who knows English.

Hi anybody knows about the procedure to work as a nurse in Netherlands

Send ur contact details in private message

Being able to communicate in local language is , of course , a great help to ease the  mixing up in the local community . Even though it's not "a must", the importance of knowledge of local language lies on where and with whom you work . For example , if you are working in executive level , the knowledge of local language is not required , but if you are working in such a position where you have to communicate directly with local people like doctors , nurses and other health care professionals,  it gives added ease and advantage .
Now regarding the place of learning maldivian , there is no such a place in my knowledge but we can learn it easily from our colleagues. 
Again , the comfort of learning  dhivehi,  maldivian language, depends the mother-tongue of the individual.  Generally it's easier  for a person who is familiar with hindi , bangali,  nepali , sinhalese  because of the  common origin  of these languages and big  number of words shared among them.