Newbe in Mumbai

Hi! I'll arrive in Mumbai in one month and would love to make some new friends!!! I'm going to work here, doing an internship for 6 months.
I'm french, 23 years old by the way. I hope you have lots of nice places to recommend and good tips to live in this city.
Please contact me!
Gaëlle

Welcome on board Gaëlle :)

Hi,

looking forward to your visit to Mumbai.I assist expats,students, tourists(Esta)and volunteers.you can send queries & i shall be happy to be of assistance.

Art

Art, just to let you know in case you're trying to promote your professional activity, free advertisement is not allowed on the forum

Hey, welcome to Mumbai. You will find a lot of expats here, so there is nothing to worry about. There is lots to do in Mumbai. I hope you are putting up in South Bombay since that is the best place to be. There are lots of good places to eat and drink in and around Colaba. My personal favourite has been Woodside Inn in Colaba. Also, you can take a walk on the beach in the evenings. Hope you enjoy yourself. Mumbai is a very warm city. Feel free to ask any questions.
Cheers

Dear Julien,
I respect the protocol.
The services offered are free of all costs.In fact I end up spending money from my pocket to be of assistance esp. to the volunteers & the students.Is it O.K. to mention the organised activity of ESTA?
pls.advise

Best wishes
Art

Hi Gaelle.

Comment vas tu? :)
Well, I have a lot to say about Mumbai as I was living there for 1 year and going back soon again, god welling!

In Mumbai there are sooo many places to see and discover...colaba, juhu beach, haji ali area, malabar hills, marine lines, water kingdom in gorai island.. a bit far but good for one time hang out with friends.

I love colaba and Juhu...kind of peaceful atmosphere. around andheri area there many cinema complexes, bars, restaurent etc etc.

Please, any question feel free to ask.

Soyer le beinvenue.

When are you gonna be in Mumbai? Any exact date?

Au revoir

hey Gaelle

Welcome to Mumbai.  I am residing in Mumbai for the last 24 years.  If you need any information about Mumbai would be glad to help you.

Au revoir :)

Hi Gaelle,
Bon courage a Mumbai, tu va voir, c'est delirant!
ca fait tout juste une semaine que j'y suis, et ca change un peu de ce qu'il y a en france.
bon courage pour ton installation.
Bye

(moderated: no free ads please)

Hi... First of all Welcome to India. Mumbai is wonderful city to enjoy and stay .. For any help you can leave message here , we all will be happy to help u . or i can be reached at [email protected]

Regards,
Gagan

Pune is better tooooooo

Hi Gaëlle and everyone,

I am also doing an internship for 5 months, I arrived 20 days ago here in Thane, north Mumbai...

I'd be glad to meet some people over here in Mumbai since I don't know anyone, and visit and move !!

Im 22 years old, french from Paris (Yvelines actually)

Cheers

Guillaume

Hey!
Sorry i didn't get a chance to answer before :p
D'ailleurs je vais parler en français c'est mieux :)
Je suis là depuis presque 2 mois maintenant je commence à me faire à la vie ici, et toi? Comment est ce que cela se passe?
Tu es en stage dans quoi? Moi je bosse à l'Alliance Francaise jusqu'a Septembre, dans le sud de la ville, près de Churchgate, je ne sais pas si tu connais.
J'habite Bandra sinon. C'est loin thane?
Bon j'arret avec mes questions ^^
Ca serait cool oui de se boire un café ou une bière au choix.
Je te donne mon adresse email ce sera plus pratique. [email protected]

A bientot,
Gaëlle

Salut !
je suis en stage de fin d'etude d'ingenieur dans une boite de ciment.
Je suis alle sur Bandra la semaine derniere, ca doit etre environ 1h de trajet au total de Thane (rickshaw + train), comme churchgate
Sur bombay je ne connais personne donc avec plaisir pour une biere, je te contact sur ton mail !