Transferring to Cuba

Hi..
I'm Gerlie, currently living in Spain, My husband will work at Melia for 1 year and soon we will left Spain. I'm wondering what can i do on my entire year in cuba except studying the language? I'm afraid to get bored because i used to live in a place where i can use internet which i depend doing my research and question that no ne can answer and the most importantly is talking to my love ones in my home land. Yes, we will live in a hotel with all inclusive free but the thing is.. what if i get tired of doing the same routine for 3 months? Im also a girl who need beauty stuff?..  is there any place that i can use my sparetime?
It's life changing to me but, i am willing to give up evrything and enjoy life without nothing..
I love cuban people i use my time in watching documentaries and i am excited to learn what my life may offer

Regards,
Gerlie

Get interactive.
Cuba is a new expat destination so there is little about expat life there available on the internet.
I understand people have different interests and ideas, but if I was there I'd be writing about everything I saw .. and likely taking photos where possible.
Satellite based internet could be a possible alternative if the services there are limited or impossible.
I understand the political situation is still strict but becoming more fluid, so care would have to be taken as to what you do if you should take interest in my suggestion.

Hi Gerlie. My name is Elizabeth and I travel allot to Cuba for business and for family. I can inform you that there is things you can do like take a tour to different places. There is allot of things to see. Check out little by little the malls, museums. Get in to a dancing class, music, language and so on. I will tell you to take some of your beauty products because if Cuba has it, it will cost you. But there is beauty products. I have seen spas. I always do my nails but depending in my mood and who is with me, I either go to a pro beauty salon or to a private house salon. I love to get my facial (face clean) but trust me there is always someone who you will meet that can show you. Now, Cubans are always looking to see how to make money but if you find someone that is a sweetheart, you are in luck because they will make sure you are not bored. But always be Careful with your money. Don't put on jewelry that catches an eye. There is now more things to do than before but google search now and make a list but don't forget to get the location and address of the places and even phone #'s. For internet, now there is more places with wifi but you have to by like a calling card but its not n it's $2 cuc n up. Plus your hotel should have but call before you go for details.
Again my name is Elizabeth. My blog is Americanincuba.WordPress.com

Hope I can help. Take Care. Gerlie.

Moderated by Julien 7 years ago
Reason : for your own safety, please use the private message system to share your contact details
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Thank you fred for the quick response..
Yes, i will do my best to be active evryday.
Thanks for your advice..
I am writing down the things i need to do in Cuba, i love taking pictures also but im kinda shy to put it in a vlog or else..maybe it takes time for me to do that.
i would like also to help in a charity..
A big thanks for your advice!

Cheers,
Gerlie

Hi Elizabeth! Thanks for your time replying to my questions.. it helps a lot..
Yes, i would like to do those stuff you told me.
I want also to enroll at boxing program inorder for me to learn the new techniques.. im started to buy all the things i need here in Spain..
Thanks for the tips and ideas..
thats a big help for the first timer in cuba..
Yes, i will follow you bec i would like to learn more.. thanks again..

Gerlie