New members of the Ghana forum, introduce yourself here – 2017

Hi all,

Newbie on the Ghana forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Ghana if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

PD : The thread New members of the Ghana forum, introduce yourself here – 2016 continues below!

Hi! I am Can from Turkey. I am thinking of being an expat in Ghana /Tema. I found this site and started to get information from experienced expats. However, messaging service is locked now :( I think it will open after this presentation :) Thank you for all. .

Welcome! Just ask general questions and I'm sure you'll get answers

Hello, my name is Mary Kiereama from Nigeria. Presently residing in UAE.... hope to get some vital informations about boarding schools for my sons( 15 n 13 yrs). To enable us make a good choice between Ghana n home. Thank you all :heart:

Hi! I'm Heidi and I would like to work to Ghana. So nice to meet y'all and I hope we can learn from each others experiences.
I am currently looking for employment opportunities maybe in the teaching field or public health sector. Thanks!

Hello heidi are you already in Ghana ???

Hello, no I'm hoping to move by the end of the year, but would prefer to move this summer if possible.

Hello, how are preparations towards your move? Hope all is going well

Hello, I did visit in January for 4 weeks, I really loved it. However, relocating to Ghana will be postponed for now. Thanks for asking.

Hi all,

Potentially moving to Accra from South Africa around September 2017. It will be for a 2 year contract for an airline. Just wanted to check what nationalities are in and around Accra in the expat community? Any South Africans in the bunch? Thanks in advance for all the advice and patience with my endless questions!

Regards,

Jax!

Lots of South Africans and many other nationalities represented

Hi there,

Ghana is always ready to welcome you. I live around TEMA, the industrial city of Ghana and would love to help answer your questions.
Have a lovely day Sir.

Ransford

Good evening! I am a ship building engineer from Russia and I am a big fan of Ghana. I believe that Ghana is beautiful place with welcoming people and interesting culture. My wife and I are going to move to Ghana and now we searching for job there. As I have huge experience in marine engineering I looking for job in Tema and Takoradi, cause as far as I know huge marine ports are there. Also we keen on Accra, so I can work there.
In my position as a Naval Architect for shipbuilding company I am in charge of the ships repair, preparing schedules and communicating with other organizations. Also, I conduct business correspondence with companies and other departments. My advantage is attention to details and strong analytical thinking. I am also experienced in business trips.
Would you be so kind and give me an advice?
I sent my CV lots of companies and it is no result. Which companies can be interested in my person to hire?

What you need is an international company that has a branch in Ghana. The jobs available here would generally be in extractive industries and building so would concentrate on those. You might find a local company here but local salaries are not as good as working for an international company

Good day. Thank you so mach for your answer. If you have time would you be so kind to help me with some names of international companies? I've already found lots of Ghanaian companies and sent them my CV.
Thank you for your help and consideration.

Sorry! I have no real knowledge of international engineering firms. I'm sure Google will help.

I am asking you about it because we don't have an access to lots of foreign web-sites from Russian google search.

Ok. I understand. Hopefully someone else will have more information

Thank you once again for your help. I will do my best to find international companies by other way.

Hi I am Deon Gerber I worked in West Africa Mali as a Mining Superintendent for Randgold where i met some Ghanian friend and told me all about their country so i am very interested in moving there but first need to find a job in the Mining sector if there is anyone who could assist or intoduce me to someone i will appreciate it sencerly.

Hii all
iam Sherif From Egypt and i will go to Ghana (Accra)
i want to ask about life stlye and is i agood place to live for my family and i??
and what is the sutiabule sallary to live in agood level thanks alll

Hi..i am moving to Tarkwa,Ghana in next few weeks...basically from India.I heard Tarkwa is a small town with no major social life...Can u pls help with some more info .water,electricity,food issues if any?I otherwise live a somewhat luxurious life in India though my company is providing me with company car.

Pls suggest.

Hello, my name is Loretta or Ayebia. I am not in Ghana yet. Hoping to be there by February or the latest March. I currently live in New York City, I don't have any questions yet, but I'm sure I'll have some soon. So far I'm reading all what others have written and suggested.

Hello Ayebia,

Welcoming you in advance to GH. Hit me up anytime you touch down, stay blessed.

Hello Tishford,

Thank you

Very Welcome...

I'm planning to stay in Ghana for a while during this year, i was in Ghana last year and because of language it's was hard to socialize. so  that why I create this account, because  I  will love to meet some of you when I come this time around .  Besides English I speak  Danish, French and Swahili.   🤗

You are very welcome...
Cordially

Thank you very much . 🤙

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=751326

Thanks!

Closed