Gender bias ?

Why Turkish girls don't date foreigners where as Turkish men often date foreign girls? Gender bias?

I once had a Turkish girlfriend so I suspect you're in error in your suggestion Turkish girls don't date foreign men.
Perhaps they just don't want to date you. Just a thought.

Now that's not the answer Fred :). You are accusing me of having problem. I never said I am looking here.

I didn't accuse, simply stated your facts are incorrect so you need to look for another question.

Fred... Did you say he was looking here?

sujito4u wrote:

Now that's not the answer Fred :). You are accusing me of having problem. I never said I am looking here.

Not at all, but one thing is very clear - the number of Turkish men and woman marrying foreigners is on the rise and that's likely to increase;
Globalisation means people mix more, and political unrest is likely to mean more and more people will want to leave the country (Not a political point, just a fact).
The Turkish parliament has been working on this issues as have other groups including the ldırım Beyazıt University in Ankara, realising there is a problem, especially for Turkish women who have moved abroad but the marriage has ended up in divorce.

In fact the OP appears to be in error regarding his assertion regarding Turkish women dating foreign men, so one could enquire as to why he thinks that is the case.

Excellently put Fred!!
Not to mention that more often than not, as I have observed while living here in Turkey, the treatment of girls at the hand of guys is more often than not, very less than desirable. There are exceptions of course. But on a larger scale, its not that pretty a picture. 

Fred wrote:

Not at all, but one thing is very clear - the number of Turkish men and woman marrying foreigners is on the rise and that's likely to increase;
Globalisation means people mix more, and political unrest is likely to mean more and more people will want to leave the country (Not a political point, just a fact).
The Turkish parliament has been working on this issues as have other groups including the ldırım Beyazıt University in Ankara, realising there is a problem, especially for Turkish women who have moved abroad but the marriage has ended up in divorce.

In fact the OP appears to be in error regarding his assertion regarding Turkish women dating foreign men, so one could enquire as to why he thinks that is the case.

I never understood why any man would want to mistreat a lady - seems both odd and stupid, but some men appear to be both.

Ditto Fred!

Strongly against mistreating anyone. But I feel like Turkey is stuck between accepting the European culture yet keep the middle eastern conservative mentality. Men often here want to be the dominant partner which rarely happens in West.

Turkey is definitely stuck between Europe and MidEast.. Though the male domination is certainly not limited to MidEast or Turkey. Its not only an integral lifestyle in Asia, but heavy traces can even be found in  Western culture too.

sujito4u wrote:

Strongly against mistreating anyone. But I feel like Turkey is stuck between accepting the European culture yet keep the middle eastern conservative mentality. Men often here want to be the dominant partner which rarely happens in West.