Hi there Moving to Virginia

I am moving to Virginia in the very near future and would like some advice on the bestplace to live. I do know some areas and have family in VA Beach, i was thinking in living more or less near charlottesville or near the blue ridge mountains. I currently live in Scotland.

Welcome on Expat.com jock ;)

Hi there,

I knew Charlottesville was ranked as the best place to live in the United States several years ago and found this on Wikepedia:

"In 2004, Charlottesville was ranked the best place to live in the United States in the book Cities Ranked and Rated by Bert Sperling and Peter Sander. Sperling and Sander ranked the cities based on cost of living, climate, and quality of life."

So as it's seems it is a good place to live! Good luck!

Regards,
Sjoerd

Ive been to charlottesville many times, it is a very nice small city, they take pride in the local business owner.  I go there often for the local restaurants, not like most cities where its chain restaurant after chain.  they are a green city promoting lots of trees, flowers and parks everywhere.  I have thought many times at moving there :D  Hope this helps

Hi,
just browsing and your post caught my attention.

We are just about to move to Virginia from Manchester, but I am orginally from Scotland. 

Have you moved yet?  Any advice?  I'd love to hear your experiences.

Thanks.

Hello.  This is my first post.  :)

We moved to Northern Virginia last year (from Florida) and I love love LOVE it here.  I am originally from England and Canada, and I feel very at home here.  Where in Virginia are you moving to, ukscot?

I served on a jury in Charlottesville, so I got to see another side of the city. LOL.   It's a big college town.

Lovely town and area.  Kind of far from VA Beach, though, don't you think?

I LOVE the Williamsburg area, the best.

We live in Northern Virginia (Western part, from a big radius outside of Dulles airport) as well :)

I live outside Roanoke VA and would find Charlottesville a good place to live.  Northern VA is very very populated, whereas Charlottesville is closer to the Blue Ridge Mountains and has lots to do with a smaller city feel.  Where in VA to live depends on what kind of locale suits you.

(moderated: no free ads. You should register your company in our business directory)

I live in Northern Virginia Now, Moved here last year. Virginia Beach & Richmond are nice.