Before my rent agreement finish chnage my house

Hi
I came to guayaquil 3 months ago and i rent a house for 1 year but now i want leave this house,what should i do becuase electrisite and wanter bills come by my name !!!

1.  Cancel the utilities when you vacate.

2.  Did you sign a rental lease ?  If so, have someone who is fluent in Spanish review it with you to tell you what rights you have -- if any -- regarding early departure or early cancellation.

If you don't have a written lease, you may be able to skip out early, just losing your deposit.

If you post again, tell us whether you have a written lease or a verbal agreement .. what rights you believe you may have regarding early cancellation .. and how much of a deposit you gave the landlord.

Depending on the situation, it's possible you -- or someone on your behalf -- may have to negotiate a settlement to get you out of the rental agreement.  On the other hand, it's unlikely the landlord will be able to collect additional rent from you if (1) you leave early to move far away, and (2) you don't consider it advisable to pay rent for a vacated apartment that could be rented to someone else..

cccmedia

Hi thanks for your answer, we wrote rental lease.but that paper they give to me wrote like this: recibo que otorgo en mi calidad de correor de bienes raices debidamente autorizado por el dueno de la casa en menico en casa de desistir del alquiler el el interesado pierde por gastos, not any things more,i paid 340$ for deposit

Corredor de Bienes Raices=Realtor.
Have you meet the owner of the place? Explain to him that you need to leave, see if he can do you a favor... Letting you go earlier than expected.
And for the utilities do what ccmedia said. Cancel the services. That is not big deal. If you pay the bills by debit, just notify the bank about the service cancellation (just in case, somehow suddenly the services are back on and running on your name)

Abbas maki wrote:

we wrote rental lease.but that paper they give to me wrote like this: recibo que otorgo en mi calidad de correor de bienes raices debidamente autorizado por el dueno de la casa en menico en casa de desistir del alquiler el el interesado pierde por gastos, not any things more,i paid 340$ for deposit

This is the key question:  Does the lease or “that paper they give to me” contain a specific penalty for early termination of tenancy?

If no penalty is specified, you should be able to vacate trouble-free by giving notice. 

If the landlord decides to keep the deposit, he will be able to keep it because it would be too much trouble and expense to challenge his right to do so, in court.

cccmedia

One more thing.  If you post again, I suggest that you tell us why you are leaving the house after only three months.

Are there any problems with the house?  If so, did the landlord attempt to remediate the problem(s)?

Or did you just have your fill of Guayaquil?  Who could blame you!

cccmedia

How càn i cancel utilities ?

Go to your paypoint -- bank or store -- and ask them about how to cancel.

Ask them for the address of a service center, or centers, where cancellation is enabled. 

You can ask whether cancellation is possible by phone or Internet, but that's not usually how things are done in Ecuador.

cccmedia

thank you so much for answer

In order to cancel this kind of service you'll need to go to the POWER/WATER company and show them your ID so they can find the service on your name.
Then, when they have find you in their system you say that you need that service terminated.

Here are the requirements from INTERAGUA which is the water co in Guayaquil
Cierre definitivo del servicio
Si usted ya no requiere su conexión de agua potable, debe solicitar un Cierre Definitivo del Servicio.

·         Copia de cédula de identidad del propietario.

·         Número de cuenta.

·         Carta de solicitud del propietario.

·         Cotización cancelada por este concepto.

If you go to a pay point they are going to tell you that they can't terminate the service (because they are not the providers).
Only your bank can cancel/stop payments because you requested, but they can't cancel any public service.

INTERAGUA WEBSITE

Hi
Very usefull thank you so much

hi
i want import tobacco for cigarette from iran to ecuador,any person know where can find costumer ? and how can i know about taxes for import ?

Abbas,
You can google this easily and see that one can generally enter a country with 1-2 cartons in baggage, but no importation AS A BUSINESS. It is strictly prohibited.
Regards,
PS