Barbados Work Permits - Processing times

Hi all
I'm new to this site so please forgive me if this question has already been raised in another discussion thread.

Has anyone recently been issued with a Barbados long term work permit? (In the past month or two) I'm interested in the processing time as I'm waiting on mine.
My new employer applied on my behalf just over 2 months ago and all we have been told is "it's in progress".
The Barbados government website states 6-8 weeks, however I'm not sure if the recent hurricane and upcoming public holidays will put a delay on thisngs, but one can be hopeful. I was hoping for a early Christmas present.

Any information is gratefully appreciated. Hope to be in Barbados soon.

Cheers Shane

Welcome to Expat.com Shane :)

I hope other members will try to inform you soon ;)

Best Regards :)

In the normal scheme of things,you will finish your contract before the work permit arrives,as has been the case with MANY people,but given that it's Christmas time it will probably take a little longer.Good luck,sincerely.

Wooopppee :-) I got my work permit. For anybody applying for one, it took roughly 3 months from submission to issuing. Don't forget that the work permit is not enough to provide you entry into Barbados, you need a signed and dated copy of the receipt showing the work permit has been paid in full. (It's very very expensive) Once you have both pieces of paper, you are good to go. My landing date in Barbados is Sunday 30th January 2011, I cannot wait it's been a long journey.

Hello Shane

I have a very lucrative job offer from a rich employer, 5 x my current salary in Spain, and we are thinking of setting up a beauty therapy clinic in either Barbados or Florida. We are 2 British Nationals and one Lithuanian, speaking 4 languages a piece.
If my employer were to buy a home approx 1,000,000 USD round figure,in Barbados, would there be any problem obtaining residency through the business or property ownership?
ItŽs not as if we are looking for employment as we will create it ourselves, employing locals too. I suppose that, like Spain, there will be tax breaks for investment and job creation.
Are you in contact with any good lawyers on the island?

Any contacts with anyone in a Chamber of Commerce, Barbados?

regards   johnny Quirke

Hello guys,
I am Italian. someone knows where and how I can apply for a work permit? Which are the first steps? I have  a Barbadianb-friend and I d like to move on January. In your opinion is it better a touristic visa or work permit?  Please if someone can help me it ll be very appreciated! Thks. Ciao

FRONZOLA, i sent a pm.

Hi, I'm interested in doing a cursdo English in Barbados, but I wonder if anyone has information, if possible work for the duration of the course, if the government allows this, a special permit, thanks for your information.

Hello alejamonis, could you please write in English in this Anglophone forum?

Thanks,
Harmonie.:)