First time extending/renewing visa

Has anyone recently renewed their 3-month tourist visa (first time)? I was quoted $135 for a one month single entry. I asked for 3 month but the guy said it was no longer available? I'm skeptical of this. I am thinking about doing it on my own at the Vietnamese immigration office. Has anyone done it this way recently? What is the address and how much did you pay? Thanks.

extending is what I'm seeking..not renewal.

I used Sun Viet Travel service. Very business-like. Check their website, or visit Johnny on Tran Hung Dao. There is a fee, unless you want to deal with immigration office ...
http://sunviet.vn/NewsDetails.aspx?id=1056

I have a friend in Saigon that works in commercial travel. I can put you in touch with her if you need help.

Sunviettravel is definitely the best. I am staying here since 1992 and had many bad experiences especially with so called valid TRC's >

I just make a 2 y TRC
Best, Mickey

Moderated by kenjee 7 years ago
Reason : Share contact infos only in private please.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Thanx for the tip, I will contact them this week, I like the 'no muss, no fuss' pay for service opportunity.

Extending a visa is cheaper than a renewal one.

called that company (sunviet) and their rep told me they could only do 1 month extension at an exorbitant price ($185). I asked about 3 month single entry via Moc Bai and they told me they didn't provide that service. They do VOA if I entered from an airport. They wanted me to leave the country and apply online for it. I got one from xinvisahcm instead for $25 and got it delivered to my place in 4 days. They accepted USD or VND. The letter is original with a red stamp and a signature from someone in immigration.

That's strange as Sunviet has been posting on numerous sites his prices and they weren't that high.

Hi there,

I just recently (about 4wks ago)  went to the border and renewed my visa.  I got a three month business visa which means it will be easier to renew in a couple of months. (You can apparently renew a business visa several times without leaving the country).

The rules governing visas changes ALL THE TIME.   I've been here 5 months and there have been numerous changes within that time.   The best advice I can give you is go to see a lady called Chi' at Chi's cafe in District 1 (Google the address... It's just off Bui Vien St).   Chi is amazing, honest, trustworthy and seriously up to date with everything visa related.  She will look after you and you will have no problems.

Don't waste your time getting advice from someone who even got a visa last week because honestly the rules could have changed even since then.

Best of luck with it and don't worry... It'll all work out.  I will be going to Chi for all my visa needs from now on. She is the BEST.
Just like' the page on FB and drop her a message.   She is great for getting back to you promptly.

Cheers
Lorna

🤗🤗🤗

lornatobin222 wrote:

Hi there,

I just recently (about 4wks ago)  went to the border and renewed my visa.  I got a three month business visa which means it will be easier to renew in a couple of months. (You can apparently renew a business visa several times without leaving the country).

The rules governing visas changes ALL THE TIME.   I've been here 5 months and there have been numerous changes within that time.   The best advice I can give you is go to see a lady called Chi' at Chi's cafe in District 1 (Google the address... It's just off Bui Vien St).   Chi is amazing, honest, trustworthy and seriously up to date with everything visa related.  She will look after you and you will have no problems.

Don't waste your time getting advice from someone who even got a visa last week because honestly the rules could have changed even since then.

Best of luck with it and don't worry... It'll all work out.  I will be going to Chi for all my visa needs from now on. She is the BEST.
Just like' the page on FB and drop her a message.   She is great for getting back to you promptly.

Cheers
Lorna

🤗🤗🤗

Which bus did you take and where? Is bus 703 still around? Did a search on Google and someone said the bus moved to a different location and it's no longer near Ben Thanh market.

Hi there,

I got a bus from the Duna Hotel on Lao St Distrct 1.   It's near Chi's cafe and she'll show you where it is.  On this bus they'll help you with your Cambodian visa as well. You just need to bring $35 which you can pay them on the bus on your way to the border.

There's also a place on the corner on Lao St. beside Huong Vy where you can get PP photos done so it's all very handy.

Chi will tell you everything you need to bring to the border.

:)