Making it happen -> Funny, clever, expat company required in RIYADH!

Hello everyone,

Workaholic looking to make better use of her downtime!

Very much missing my circle of friends at home so I need to start meeting people.  Take a chance right?

Dinner, walks, chats? Who is in Riyadh?

Girls and guys.

:D

All the best!!

A workaholic with lots of time to spend....I like the concept  :lol:

Weeeeeeell, I didn't say lot's.  But certainly I have some  :)

I am workaholic but I do have lots of time to spend during offdays as well. But having to totally depend on our company's shuttle to go somewhere is irritating plus with all the obnoxious management ppl who always too strict in our movement. I know Saudi is rich in attractions not just as Holy land and pilgrimage destination for Muslim. There are places I saw in photos taken by some members in this site that were mesmerizing and hypnotizing to the eyes. if i were given a chance to travel around saudi I am pretty sure my days would not be so stagnant.

Anyway..lady_in_riyadh just be extra careful with ppl who offers you friendship. not all are genuine.

Hi,

Agreed, not being able to jump into your car is frustrating. But I suppose that was part of the deal when coming here.  Have you heard Haya tours? Might be a good option.

Or maybe we need to set up out own mini group 'Ladies on tour' and share a driver to see places further away   :D

Hi Friendly1  :)

nada hayah wrote:

Anyway..lady_in_riyadh just be extra careful with ppl who offers you friendship. not all are genuine.

Hallelujah

Lady_in_riyadh wrote:

Agreed, not being able to jump into your car is frustrating. But I suppose that was part of the deal when coming here.  Have you heard Haya tours? Might be a good option.

Or maybe we need to set up out own mini group 'Ladies on tour' and share a driver to see places further away   :D

i second that. maybe you could put in event section calling for participants. I have browsed a few agencies..but to my surprise the cost, even within Saudi is even more expensive compared if i were to travel outside. Last time I only spent 2600 riyal for 5 days in istanbul, so I would not expect a domestic vacation could cost me more than that. Gotta search a few agencies though to get a reasonable price.

nada hayah wrote:
Lady_in_riyadh wrote:

i second that. maybe you could put in event section calling for participants. I have browsed a few agencies..but to my surprise the cost, even within Saudi is even more expensive compared if i were to travel outside. Last time I only spent 2600 riyal for 5 days in istanbul, so I would not expect a domestic vacation could cost me more than that. Gotta search a few agencies though to get a reasonable price.

That is such a good point - a domestic holiday really shouldn't cost more than going abroad.

Yeah I might make a post and see what happens. Although we would only need 3 to fill a car. 

I am dying to see this place  :kiss:  - Mada'in Saleh   ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mada'in_Saleh )

I hear ya!

I really wanna visit the madaain Saleh as well. It is a story mentioned in Al-Quran, the people of Thamud. I hope to witness it with my own eyes the real life proof. InsyaAllah hopefully one day we can visit there.

Hi...

@ Dani - Hey, how are you?    :)

@ Nada -   well, I'm not religious but can appreciate a special place when I see it. Most of the groups that I have seen online who plan trips there are male.

While I would prefer a mixed group, there's no chance that I'm taking that risk on a long journey. Maybe if there are a few females interested we could go for coffee and see who would like to plan something?

I would love to join but I am in Jeddah. Visit Riyadh sometime due to works.

if lady in riyadh makes it to jeddah we should meet up w/ nada and other

Hey Lady in Riyadh...How are you?

That is a good idea..

rareshine wrote:

yes..can meet up somewhere..just arrived jeddah last week..cant believe i still jetlag..hehehe..

Well
I will recommend that you can plan a visit to Bahrain
not costly, not far, can travel by road, visa on boarder
But what u have in Bahrain?
Beaches, Malls, Cinemas, Desert and a very old tree in middle of that desert
then off course -The Bahrain Bridge itself.

@Nada
Regarding Median Saleh
If you ever visited please keep in mind that u must not stay there for longer time.
Our prophet (peace be upon him) advised same to his companions once passing the historic site.
He peace be upon him said
The harmful affect of a place where wrath of god came, remains till judgment day.
U can say -like nuclear radiations.

thank you for the reminder brother. InsyaAllah i just wanna visit there as a reminder to myself as well. Stories from the Quran are the lessons for us to live by.

Hello,

I have been to Bahrain.

I found it costly enough to hire a driver. Unless there is some secret that I missing? I found that it is always cheaper to fly. I went to the UAE a few times too and will see Qatar soon, but I would like to see some of Saudi. It is just difficult for a woman.

Regarding Median Saleh - what is a long time?

rareshine wrote:

Will be there in 2 weeks 

I'll be Lady_in_Jeddah    :D

You'll love Jeddah.

I mean its not recommended to spend more time
in Median Saleh
Like u must not visit a nuclear radiation site
or just pass by quickly

msmir116 wrote:

in Median Saleh
or just pass by quickly

Okay I understood what you mean. I'm asking for more information, how long is too long... 2 hours, 5 hours? 

Or are you just saying that I shouldn't loiter around or have a picnic  :lol:

Well its near Madeenah
But i am not sure id u have to go via madeenah or there is a direct Road aswell
So assume roughly 800 to 1000 kms from riyadh

What she meant is what the longest to be in there?

Just say, don't go there if not really need .

What he meant is just a Sunnah to those who are Muslims !! It's not a compulsory to do a Sunnah.

You can stay as long as you wish.

Gotcha, Thanks  :)

And somebody said that a single woman shouldn't go alone, thoughts?

Never heard any of this! In fact you won't be able to go alone as long you need a car to get there from the closest town to Mada'n Saleh, so you will be with a driver:).

Visit time start from 7 am till sunset.

Also you need permit from SCTA through their website.

Are sure Hamudi? I believe you mean just a registration upon arrival.

Below is  the website,

https://scth.gov.sa/en/Antiquities-Muse … Saleh.aspx

hamudi wrote:

Also you need permit from SCTA through their website.

One of our compound's driver said the same thing about it too. Have to apply for permit to go there.

Whats Hamudi?

I know I will need a driver, but somebody mentioned that I couldn't go alone even with a driver is that true? So as a single female it might not be allowed?

Well the best thing to do is go with a group of women or mixed group. You can fly from Jeddah to Al Ula and they also have 1 resort and 1 motelish in town where you can stay.

Permission from SCTA is a must and a car is required to roam around.

would you please advise how you made it 2600SAR only for Istanbul 😅😅

Lady_in_riyadh wrote:
msmir116 wrote:

in Median Saleh
or just pass by quickly

Okay I understood what you mean. I'm asking for more information, how long is too long... 2 hours, 5 hours? 

Or are you just saying that I shouldn't loiter around or have a picnic  :lol:

Duration is unknown but they say leave before maghrib (sunset).

MADIAN SALEH OR ALHEJR is nice place to visit and to see the history of thamoud or the napti people.
it is very simple to go there by airplane from riyadh direct to alula where you can get hotel and then to alhjer will take 20 min by car or mini bus
The tickets will cost you 1000 sar and the transportation there are mostly rental  with almost same price here.
you can also book for hotel onlineactullay or when you are there.
you can rent 3 star hotel or rent apartment
Nowadays I am there and the weather is very nice and I strongly recommend to visit it in Spring.
for people like camping  It is the place.
any question regarding alhjr are welcomed.

It is about 90 min in airplane
but there airport is about 25 km  to the Main town there which is alula where u will stay
it worth the visit also visit the museum there.

What information you wish to know

Emahm wrote:

would you please advise how you made it 2600SAR only for Istanbul 😅😅

yes I managed to keep it within my budget, Alhamdulillah. but of course i didnt dine at fancy cafe. The fish sandwich was our main street food throughout our stay in Istanbul. It was delicious and cheap. I  i went to cappadocia as well. Saved one night in the bus. Recommend you guys to visit turkey. Spend at least 2 days in Istabul to visit Istanbul top sights. To get the short cut sense of Istanbul, dont ever miss the Bosphorus cruise. Dont forget to try the simit and apple tea..my favorite!