Help & advice on obtaining a job in Sibiu

Hi Guy's. I want to come and work in Romania (Sibiu preferably), but I can't seem to get solid information or anyone willing to help or give me helpful information. My girlfriend stays in Sibiu and I would like to go and work there for a couple of years before we go somewhere else in Europe. Can anyone help me or give me names of companies that can find you a job there and help with the paperwork and everything. I am also willing to pay for the visa, plane ticket and the documents needed. All the company has to do is fill out the paperwork and I will be there. They will only have the paperwork hassle, because I will pay for everything and I have a place to stay already in Sibiu as well.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Willem

wpvrooyen wrote:

All the company has to do is fill out the paperwork and I will be there. They will only have the paperwork hassle, because I will pay for everything...

As if it was only that easy  :lol: You must not be aware of what hassles paperwork are in Romania, especially when it comes to dealing with government institutions.

From what I see in your profile, you are a South African citizen?  Do you speak Romanian well? Do you have any special or rare skills?

First, to work in Romania, you would need a work visa, which must be applied for by the employer after offering you a contract.  This represents a cost to the employer of 200 Euro just for the visa application, plus the cost of all the other paperwork.  The employer has to pay this, not you.  Also, before they can offer you a position, they have to by law consider Romanian and EU national candidates first (which there is no shortage of).  So they must be able to show that the job requires a unique skill that cannot be filled any other way but to hire a non EU national like yourself.

A lot of companies are just not going to bother with this trouble and cost unless they really really need someone unique. I think unless you get married to your Romanian girlfriend, your chances may be quite slim.  I wish I could be more optimistic, but this is the reality.

Romaniac
Expat.com Experts Team

Great. Thanks for the help.

romaniac wrote:
wpvrooyen wrote:

All the company has to do is fill out the paperwork and I will be there. They will only have the paperwork hassle, because I will pay for everything...

As if it was only that easy  :lol: You must not be aware of what hassles paperwork are in Romania, especially when it comes to dealing with government institutions.

From what I see in your profile, you are a South African citizen?  Do you speak Romanian well? Do you have any special or rare skills?

First, to work in Romania, you would need a work visa, which must be applied for by the employer after offering you a contract.  This represents a cost to the employer of 200 Euro just for the visa application, plus the cost of all the other paperwork.  The employer has to pay this, not you.  Also, before they can offer you a position, they have to by law consider Romanian and EU national candidates first (which there is no shortage of).  So they must be able to show that the job requires a unique skill that cannot be filled any other way but to hire a non EU national like yourself.

A lot of companies are just not going to bother with this trouble and cost unless they really really need someone unique. I think unless you get married to your Romanian girlfriend, your chances may be quite slim.  I wish I could be more optimistic, but this is the reality.

Romaniac
Expat.com Experts Team

It is not necessary to be married to a Romanian citizen to eligible for Permis de Sedere. If you can prove that you have been in a stable relationship with your gf for the past years (and living together) you might have a chance to be obtain Permis de Sedere.

However if you want to work as non-EU citizen then you've got to an absolute genius to be hired by a company here. Considering that a lot of geniuses here are still unemployed.....

In case you fancy your chances or happen to be optimistic then try www.ejobs.ro or www.bestjobs.ro

fcbayern84 wrote:

If you can prove that you have been in a stable relationship with your gf for the past years (and living together) you might have a chance to be obtain Permis de Sedere.

I believe you are incorrect.  There is nothing in the law OUG 194/2002 that provides for the granting of a long term visa or Permis de Sedere based on girlfriend/boyfriend status.  Dating carries no legal weight when it comes to obtaining residence here.

Romaniac

romaniac wrote:
fcbayern84 wrote:

If you can prove that you have been in a stable relationship with your gf for the past years (and living together) you might have a chance to be obtain Permis de Sedere.

I believe you are incorrect.  There is nothing in the law OUG 194/2002 that provides for the granting of a long term visa or Permis de Sedere based on girlfriend/boyfriend status.  Dating carries no legal weight when it comes to obtaining residence here.

Romaniac

Yes that is correct indeed! I forgot to mention that if single non-EU citizens have a baby with a Romanian citizen and aren't married then they will still be eligible for Permis de Sedere.