Help exploring coastal Ecuador in January

We are coming to Ecuador January 21-29... We are going to Stay in Manta and likely Bahia- we are making our trip to explore buying property and we want to see the country, especially the coastal area. Advice on where to stay also welcomed.

We want to paraglide, maybe take a surf lesson and see the rain forest...
But we really need help getting to know the area. 

Could anyone provide an itinerary that you could assist with some tours that would be good?
Does anyone know a guide that we could hire for a few days to help us see real real life in Ecuador?
Does anyone recommend a realtor that could show us some on the coastal  developments in building process and some already established... maybe even some land lots for sale?

I'd appreciate any assistance you could offer. We would need guides and realtors fluent in English. 

Thank you all!

Ecuador looks like the expat lifestyle we are looking for... The hope is that in the near future, we will need advice on how to find a lawyer, actually buy safely, find jobs and become residents!!!

Thanks in advance
Samara

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Please do not share personal contact infos on the forum.

I live in Manta and can offer some help, I am not involved in selling or tours but know people who do.
Just send me PM

Contact JourneymanJack on this site,

He is a fellow Expat from the U.S. who does trips all over the country and has contacts for whatever you might want to do. He has a great vehicle set up for any terrain you could want, best of all it is safe!

He routinely provides transportation for Expats and tourists alike. Day, week etc. If there is somewhere you want to go and things you want to do, he is the one to talk to. He knows the country, the roads, and all the tricks of the trade to get the most out of your stay.

If you want his personal contact information, PM me and I will be glad to provide it.

Good luck.

Samara_and_Micah wrote:

We are coming to Ecuador January 21-29... We are going to Stay in Manta and likely Bahia- we are making our trip to explore buying property and we want to see the country, especially the coastal area. Advice on where to stay also welcomed.

We want to paraglide, maybe take a surf lesson and see the rain forest...
But we really need help getting to know the area. 

Could anyone provide an itinerary that you could assist with some tours that would be good?
Does anyone know a guide that we could hire for a few days to help us see real real life in Ecuador?
Does anyone recommend a realtor that could show us some on the coastal  developments in building process and some already established... maybe even some land lots for sale?

I'd appreciate any assistance you could offer. We would need guides and realtors fluent in English. 

You can also reach me at [email protected].
Thank you all!
Ecuador looks like the expat lifestyle we are looking for... The hope is that in the near future, we will need advice on how to find a lawyer, actually buy safely, find jobs and become residents!!!
Thanks in advance
Samara

8 days is not much time, especially if you want to check out the coast and the rain forest.  El Nino this year is supposed to be hard on the coast through February, you might want to postpone your trip for a few months.  As non-Spanish speaking gringos you would probably have to have your own business on line that would involve English speaking clients not in Ecuador.  Everyone is advised to live a year in Ecuador before buying real estate.  Applying for a resident visa is its own project, you need to do research to see which, if any, for which you can qualify.  Good Luck