Minimum Time of rentals? Only my ID is ok to rent?

Hi everyone.
I will use this Thread, there is no reason to open another.

I'm from Portugal, and some months ago I start thinking in start a jounrney in another country, my first options are for English-Speaking countries like Ireland or England, but then someone told me about Malta, and that was not so expensive has UK and have very good weather conditions like Portugal.

I don't have a "ordinary" job for some time now, I do some design and Webstuff online, so I only need a computer and internet connection. I also have some courses in Futsal and Football Coach/Manager and is what I have done for the past years. I wonder if it easy to join a club in Malta and train some players/kids? I also did some design in the clubs I was.

I read some Threads here, but didn't found answer for this, It is easy to rent a house? I can do it only with my Portuguese ID Card? What is the minimum time for a rental deal, 6 months? 1 year? I was thinking in the capital, but maybe there is more expensive.

If someone have any advice for me or could talk about their experience would be great. Thanks :)
If there is any Portuguese in the forum would be even better ;)

BAD-RELIGION wrote:

Hi everyone.
I will use this Thread, there is no reason to open another.

I'm from Portugal, and some months ago I start thinking in start a jounrney in another country, my first options are for English-Speaking countries like Ireland or England, but then someone told me about Malta, and that was not so expensive has UK and have very good weather conditions like Portugal.

I don't have a "ordinary" job for some time now, I do some design and Webstuff online, so I only need a computer and internet connection. I also have some courses in Futsal and Football Coach/Manager and is what I have done for the past years. I wonder if it easy to join a club in Malta and train some players/kids? I also did some design in the clubs I was.

I read some Threads here, but didn't found answer for this, It is easy to rent a house? I can do it only with my Portuguese ID Card? What is the minimum time for a rental deal, 6 months? 1 year? I was thinking in the capital, but maybe there is more expensive.

If someone have any advice for me or could talk about their experience would be great. Thanks :)
If there is any Portuguese in the forum would be even better ;)

As Rob said earlier in this topic "read the posts at the top of the forum the 'sticky' ones that explain everything you need to know".

Your internet work is obviously no problem, not sure about football coaching though.

Renting a property is not a problem using a Passport and I would think an ID card would be enough, 12 months let is more likely than 6 months.

You will need to register with the authorities within 3 months and obtain an 'eResidence card' again details are in the 'Sticky' at the top of the forum.

Good luck

Ray

Hello BAD-RELIGION

So as to better list different informations on the forum to make them easily available to future expatriates, a new thread has been created as from your post on the Malta forum

Regards
Kenjee

Most landlords will prefer a 12month contract - however you can negotiate a 6 month break clause

You can get 6 monthly contracts but not as many

You mentioned wanting to live in the capital - is there a reason for this ?  You don't get a lot for your money and Valletta isn't like other capital city's - there isn't much happening  apart from droves of tourists and banking establishments

I only know the Valletta FC for example, and I assumed that in the capital would have more things to do and to see, and since I have to go there to get the ID and residence approval could stay there a awhile. But if enyone have better recomendations would be great :)

Thanks for you replys btw ;)

i suggest strongly you come and stay for a week or two in malta book a hotel and explore some areas - see what it is your looking for

robpw2 wrote:

You mentioned wanting to live in the capital - is there a reason for this ?  You don't get a lot for your money and Valletta isn't like other capital city's - there isn't much happening  apart from droves of tourists and banking establishments

To each his own of course, but seriously, how can you say such things? Valletta is the only place with some culture, stunning architecture, stunning views all around, good places to eat... What would you suggest then? Sliema? St Paul's Bay? Marsascala? All those places have to offer is loads of ugly buildings, heaps of tourists/expats and English breakfast ...

@BAD-RELIGION hi. Are you still in Malta?can I ask you something about your experience? I live in Portugal and would like to move to Malta. Thanks a lot. Best regards. Arianna

@BAD-RELIGION hi. Are you still in Malta?can I ask you something about your experience? I live in Portugal and would like to move to Malta. Thanks a lot. Best regards. Arianna
-@Arianna123

The post you refer to is another old one, you are not likely to get a reply.

Always check the date on the post.

-@Arianna123

Welcome to the forum,

it appears you are looking for information from Portuguese people living in Malta.

When you click on "Community" above and insert Portuguese you can get in contact with more than 40 people from Portugal living in Malta.