Is your Restaurant / Hotel reaching it's potential?

I have over 25 years experience in the Hospitality industry. From an Executive chef to a Hotel Manager.
I have diplomas in Culinary cuisine, Health and Hygiene, and Hotel Management.
Peoples eating habits have changed, they now want quick service and healthy, vibrant foods, cooked and served with passion.

I have worked and lived in many different countries.

I have been working as a Consultant, to help people get the best from their business, whether it's marketing, Menus, training staff, or Financial acumen. I can help.

Did you know 70% of Restaurants fail in the first year ?

If you need advice or you need to be shown the way your business should be targeting customers, then please contact me.

Pop an ad in one of the sections in the green banner, perhaps jobs.
Ads there last much longer, and are usually seen by more people.

It's free, and you can use several sections at once.

Thanks, I will do that.

This thread will be interesting. As you can see in my profile. I have a food ordering website so I talk to a lot of restaurant owners/managers.  Following this thread :)

Hi Kate, how are the opportunities in Manila or throughout the PI for restaurants and whats hot?
I dont live there but my observations of my travels there and from friends I have on FB/Insta is that there is a growing amount of disposable income and locals are starting to be able to afford nicer meals or being more selective with healthy options. What are your thoughts and observations and how hard is it for restaurants to do well?

Hi b4bmm, here is the general atmosphere as far as the food biz is concerned: Filipinos looove to eat out. Especially since there are a lot of those working in the BPO industry, 1.2 Million Filipinos do.  Aside from having great food of course, you just need to have good marketing online and offline. I have made a Powepoint presentation showing how lucrative the market can be,  On the second quarter alone of 2014, PHP938 billion was spent by the Filipino household on food.

Thanks,
Maybe we can help each other.
The thing is. I see such many people coming here to "live the dream".
They think they can open a restaurant or hotel and everything will take care of itself. Well it doesn't quite work like that haha.
I recently did a job for a couple from the UK.
He was an accountant and she a school teacher.
What I found was deeply disturbing.  They never had a clue and were about to lose everything.
I helped them for 2 weeks. Showed them how to market it. Trained the staff and in that short period, business picked up. 
They wanted me to stay on, but couldn't afford me haha.
Now its up to them to continue. But I don't hold much hope.

There are two main problems with restaurants / hotels throughout Asia. 1. They don't know how to deal with complaints. And health and hygiene standards. One restaurant I visited was nothing short of a food poinsening cess pit

WayneGlenel wrote:

There are two main problems with restaurants / hotels throughout Asia. 1. They don't know how to deal with complaints. And health and hygiene standards. One restaurant I visited was nothing short of a food poinsening cess pit

I think to say a sweeping statement  "throughout Asia" may not be applicable. There are good and bad restaurants everywhere as far as dealing with complaints or hygiene standards are concerned, depends on place to place, or restaurant to restaurant. Especially with the stiff competition, restaurant owners are becoming more mindful of these standards.

What you said about you helping a couple turn a business around reminds me of one favorite show of mine "Restaurant Stakeout". That is a nice career, I can imagine how fulfilling it must be to see a restaurant pick up because of your inputs. Keep it up! :)

I guess the best way is to start small then, maybe your business will fail but if your not too deeply invested then you can learn and recover from the first failure. If you fail twice perhaps the business is not for that person.