Planning to move to Bahrain. salary of networking engineer 5+ yrs ?

Hi,
I am a network engineer with 5+ years experience. How much salary can I expect in Manama, Bahrain?
Also I have read in newspapers that Indian workes are often paid lower than promised and their passport is with-held. I am worried. Is there job security in Bahrain?

Dear Saiyash,

You could expect between 400-600BHD it may vary depending on the company as well as the additional benefits what they offer and Bahrain is a very small market for IT & Networking. If your single the above mentioned salary is good enough is what i feel.  What you hear in news papers is not always true, it is illegal to hold a employees passport here in Bahrain, there have been few cases in the past but now things have changed a LOT and LMRA (the labour market regulatory authority) is trying its best to curb such cases. Remember that its always your duty to speak to your potential employer and clear all your doubts you have rather than come here and repent.

Good luck

T&R

I will add to logicalindian points raised. I feel for a networking engineet with 5+ years experience i would have thought you would earn abit more than 400-600BHD. It all depends on the company.

The comments from logicalindian are true with regards to the employer holding your passport. These are becoming things of the past now.
Bahrain is a nice place and again i agree with logicalindian, dont read the newpapers or media. You have to see how recent the news is.
Things are alot better in Bahrain. Bahrain is a good place and many expats are still here and prefer to be here.

Good luck  :top:

Thank you logical indian and jazzy851 :-)