HELP! Non EU spouse/ very poor health

Hello everyone,

I am from India, my husband is Dutch and works in Belgium. I have applied for a long term (D) visa. When it gets granted I'll move to Belgium asap.

My problem is that I am in very poor health. I am 27 years old and I lost my kidneys 2 years ago. For those of you who don't know, people like me without kidneys must live on a machine called a 'Dialysis machine' to clean our blood. I need dialysis twice a week for 4 hours each time. So I will need this treatment starting the same week I arrive. I cannot afford the dialysis treatment out of my pocket (650 Euros roughly/ week).

My question therefore is - what should I do as a non-EU national to be able to afford this treatment? How do people pay for their treatments in Belgium (especially non-EU)? What is the exact bureaucratic process to afford health care there (which registrations, health cards etc.)?

I possibly don't even have many years to live (5 years is common in my situation, but more is certainly not unheard of). That's why my helplessness really despairs me. So please help me with information is you guys can. Thank you for your time.