Presentation of members in Al Ain

Welcome on Expat.com! :)

Did you recently register on Expat.com? Did you recently arrive in Al Ain? Since how long are you living in Al Ain?

Let's get acquainted! What brought you in UAE and more particularly to Al Ain? What are your interests in life? What are your preferred leisure activities? Do you have any hobbies?

Thanks a bunch for your presentation! See you soon on Expat.com! :)!

Hello....I was living in Al Ain for 4.5 months and I will be moving there again (I am back in Canada) but will be going back to UAE sometime in the next few months. What brought me there is my husband is an local (emirati) and thats what brings me there :)

Welcome UmmKhaled :)
Don't hesitate to participate in the forum and let us have your impression on Al Ain when you're here!

i have been living here in alain from last 3 months,its a beautiful place but i m feeling lonly,i am wishing for a girlfriend.i am 27 male.

Hi nice friend, welcome on Expat.com :)

Yes Al Ain is very nice! Are you originally from Al Ain? If so, I'm sure you'll be able to help out people requesting information on the forum of Al Ain.

However, I would like to remind you that Expat.com is not a dating website but to help expatriates to settle in their country of expatriation.

Maybe you could try to post an ad in Al Ain's Classifieds under the Personals subsection?

Hope this helps.
Cheers

FeeAcer

Hi niceman,

Searching a Girlfriend in Al Ain is like searching gold in your washing machine, you know there is no happy end.

Do like all young of Al Ain, Leave this so so nice city the week end.

Take a care of your mind. You are in Al Ain, the middle of Nowhere.:(

I forgot to say, we launch an operation "free young expat from Al Ain".
Actually we are.... 3 (2Boy 1 Girl). The idea ? Al Ain is nice place bla bla bla... but for young this is a dead place, nothing to do, nowhere to go out. We meet between young to do things. Maybe you can join us.

Jean

Hi all
i got transferred to Al Ain two months ago and at first i felt like quitting the job!...but after days of settling down and exploring...decided to stay and have fun on my own! my idea of fun in Al Ain is going to movies every now nd then, trying out different cuisines in all sort of restaurants, going to the top smoking...hanging with colleagues nd frnd at bars or just strolling down the streets with no intention of going nywhr just walking with loud music in ears! i mean the place is fun if u know how to ;) all i miss is the crazy parties we use to have in our Unis but i guess those are the things of the past but if u guys ever organize a party of that sort i will be the first one to host it :D

Welcome on board of Expat.com, Ajsavage :)
There is already a nice group of Expats in Al Ain.

I'm sure you guys could start organizing Expat.com meetups in Al Ain by now :lol:

Hi Freeacer..you seem more the stable one in the thread. I am from Wellington...just outside Cape Town arriving on contract in Al Ain on 1st Oct. I have a week to find accommodation...so will be looking initially for a room to find my feet and the a one bedroom flat. I assume I can buy a sim for my cell with airtime, data sim with data time for my laptop internet?
Are the SA's in Al Ain organised in the sense that they get together from time to time for a drink like some of the brit expats? Then it will be easy to network when I get over there. I have tons of silly questions. Worked expat in Seychelles...but suspect UAE is vvvvery different.

John

Hi John,
Check out your post (initially posted in SA which I just right now moved to Al Ain forum); I gave you some hints there!
For your accommodation, you might want to check in Al Ain's Classifieds -> Accommodation section.
I don't know the SA's of Al Ain but you may check them out in the Network of SA expatriates in Al Ain.
Till now I didn't see any meetups being organized in Al Ain (maybe they are waiting for you héhé! :lol:
If you have any other questions, kindly start a new discussion: https://www.expat.com/forum/post.php?fid=430 (this one is mainly only for presentations :D)
Cheers
Arlette

Hi my name is Sajjad i moved in Alain five years ago. I worked in Carrefour Alain for three years. then 2 Years with Jashanmal. and now I am working on a govenment project as senior executive. live alone life here, I am work-holic. looking for friends to move out from my busy life.
If this fourm can help me the will be thankfu;

Welcome to Expat.com, Housemaster!

Hi all,

I'm living in Al Ain city since more than 3 years. I'm working in engineering consultants sector as an Accountant. i like my job but I'm not satisfied to stay here in Al Ain. its boring here and its full of huge crazy cars. the most disturbing thing here in Al Ain is the dead weekends.
I'm thinking about moving to Dubai. its better for young people.

And i agree with jlexpat 100%.. searching for a girlfriend in Al Ain is like washing water by water..

Welcome to expat bog Aequitas81 :)
I'm sure you will make some nice contacts here on the forum and find together things to do during weekends!
Cheers
Arlette

hi there I ve been in al ain for about one month and a half am an adec teacher I like the place very much but not the way things go at school .The job seems too stressful .anyway Ilike to meet new people, adec teachers and others, to share ideas nd experiences am from Tunisia , cheers

Hi Everyone.!!
I have been living in Al Ain now for a little more than 2 years and am working in the Construction sector. After completing the initial project in Al Ain which lasted for about 8 months i was transferred to Abu Dhabi. Inspite of this, I opted to live in Al Ain as my parents are here with me. On the downside though, this meant i have been dedicating 3 hours of my life everyday to the Al Ain- Abu Dhabi Road :mad::D

Most of my colleagues at work are locals and after repeated attempts, i have realized they aren't too keen in making friends :rolleyes:. However..! I haven't given up :cool: looking forward to making some new friends here. Any body interested to go for a movie or simply meet up for a coffee on weekends.. hit me up .!

Cheers..!!

kifi wrote:

hi there I ve been in al ain for about one month and a half am an adec teacher I like the place very much but not the way things go at school .The job seems too stressful .anyway Ilike to meet new people, adec teachers and others, to share ideas nd experiences am from Tunisia , cheers

Hello,
I am going to be teaching in AD or Al Ain this upcoming school year with ADEC.  I got hired through caneducom.com.  Wondering how things are there?  I am a single mom with 2 children in middle school.  I think I may be living in Al Ain as they say it is better for families and single women.  I would love any info. you may have to offer me. Thank you and good luck with the teaching.  When you say "stressful" at school, what do you mean exactly?  I am curious to see how it would differ from teaching in the inner-city here in the USA. Thanks again :)

Welcome on Expat.com kaymarie & Jayan Chacko

Hi, I'm from uk could potentially be moving to al Ain within 6 months. Anyone in al Ain from uk, Canada, USA, Australia or new Zealand??

How do you like al Ain?

u all r welcome in alain
its my city
if u need anything just ask me
hope u enjoy alain

Hi alcaptino10,

The title of this thread is "Presentation of members in Al Ain" so i think an introduction about yourself would be great.

Thank you very much,
Christine

Hi there..

I have been here in Alain for about 22 years....Yeah I am a local guy..^^ used to live in manchester(UK) for about 2 years and I loved it there...I love to hang out watching Movies, play football(soocer), and going to Cafe to somke shisha if the is a big match coming..^^ I believe that the more friends u have the more u enjoy ur stay here in Alain...because diffrenet friends let u see different things even if u r staying in a quite city like Alain..

^^

Hi All,
I have been living in Al-ain for last 1.5 yrs, working as software engineer, looking forward to meet people and making new friends here.
Open to meet you guys over a cup of coffee or drink …..
Ciao , Saaurabh

Hi Zizoo and Saaurabh,

Welcome on Expat-blog! :)

Thank you for your introduction.

I hope you meet lots of new contacts on the site and do not hesitate to participate in other threads on the Al Ain forum.

All the best,
Christine

Hi There!
Hi All.

I have recently moved in Alain from London

Im looking forward to meet and make new friends around Al Ain, and know more about the place.

Any suggestions

Drop me a line

Cheers

Hi jack_in_the_box_is_out!

Welcome on the forum ;)

Armand

hello .am not new in al ain but am new to this site .and i found it nice site to get to know ppl and have moor friends.well i like reading ,riding hors,walking,and teaching arabic to non arabic speakers..al ain is nice city but feeling lonly some times not much to do here:(..this is all for now.

Welcome on Expat-blog basma97 and thank you for your introduction! :)

Hi everyone! Just recently signed up. I have been living in Al Ain for 6 years now and still enjoying it. I am a nurse and working in one of the local hospitals.

I have a photoblog where I record my thoughts of living and working in the UAE  but it is more of showing the places to visit here in Al Ain.

Hi Misalyn , photography is a very nice hoppy , about your photoblog , how can we have a look to your collection of pictures to have a better understanding of the city

Thank you
Amjad

Welcome on board Amjad ;)

A short presentation will also be nice ;)

Hii...
I am not exactly new to Al Ain...I was born and brought up here  but left the place after high school. Well, life outside UAE seems to have been an eye opener (or not), because life getting back here just isn't fun anymore. Maybe what I miss the most is that factor of "crazy"... :)

I work as an Exterior Yacht Designer for a firm in Dubai.

Not looking for any relationships beyond friendships...as of now...for personal reasons.. but I love art, reading, music...sketching, writing...etc.. and also the real crazy stuff... so.. a few friendly faces definitely wouldn't hurt...

Ciao!

Hi,

Im almost 1.3years here in Al Ain, and found out its a quiet place but still looking forward to make and meet new friends, and hope this year we could have our 1st MEETUP.

cheers

MEETUP,MEETUP,MEETUP, HHHHHH Looks to be a nice idea ,,,

see you soon
Amjad

Salam Aleikom. 

I just signed up….   I moved to Al Ain last summer and appreciate the city's greenery and dry heat.  I enjoy the outdoors, but do not spend as much time outside anymore.  I enjoy riding horses (maybe camels –I have yet to try), parks, and falcons.

amjo wrote:

Hi Misalyn , photography is a very nice hoppy , about your photoblog , how can we have a look to your collection of pictures to have a better understanding of the city

Thank you
Amjad

Hi Amjad. Yes, in fact I'm becoming addicted to it. Here is the link:
http://www.alaincitydailyphoto.com/

best regards,
Misalyn

Really Really nice , keep up the good work
Amjad

Hi All,

@ Amjad -you're right!! nice photos..

@ Misalyn - keep up the good work and keep posting photos.

Any meetup here  in Al Ain? Can somebody organize?

Cheers!!!

Hello princessmia!

I would suggest starting a new thread on the Al Ain forum for better visibility ;)

Regards
Armand

meet up will be great idea............admins can take the initiatives........cheers