Thinking of moving to Al Ain to teach

Hey guys,

I am a Kiwi living in Australia and am thinking of moving to Al Ain to teach... Can you give me a little info please? Are there many expats doing the same and if so, are you enjoying the experience etc etc...
Thank you!

Hello KiwiBen,

Al ain is really quite and a peaceful place to live in,not very exciting for bachelors, but you could always go to dubai in the weekends to enjoy your time, at least that is what i do, dubai is a fantastic place to be in.

Hey there,

I am a Kiwi teacher looking at moving to Al Ain...
Can you tell me a little about it please?
How are you enjoying yourself?
Thanks!

Thanks buddy... Is there any expats out there who have any info please?

What is that you want to know exactly, anything specific?

I guess if there is things to do... Bars, live music, outdoor sports? etc.

well there are few hotels there which have bars and clubs, but i wouldn't much recommend them, if you want night life you better head to dubai or abu dhabi at least, there are always nice parties and stuff going on.

as for sports, if you like surfing for example, there is in al ain a place called wadi adventure it is the Middle East's first man made whitewater rafting, kayaking and surfing facility.

Ok great thanks for the information, it sounds like a new and exciting place to live...

anytime :)

Hello KiwiBen.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

To note that a new thread has been created from your message on the Al Ain forum for better interaction.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hi KiwiBen,

I have been in Al Ain since January and love it. It is quite quiet and peaceful but Dubai and Abu Dhabi are near enough if you want more excitement. I also teach: which school are you going to teach at?

Good luck,

Tina

Hi mate,

I've been teaching in Abu Dhabi for two years. Have you seen a specific vacancy in Al Ain? If so I'm assuming it's a private school. They are generally pretty good but the state schools? Well, that's a different story...

Are you on a permanent contract in Australia? I would never advise anyone who has a permanent (i.e. pretty safe) job to up sticks and come here.

Al Ain is VERY quiet. The 'nightlife' is virtually non-existent.

Like the t-shirt mate. Metallica played in AD a couple of weeks back if you like them and it was excellent. GnR played recenyly too. Saw Deep Purple in Dubai which was great.

Feel free to ask anything at all.

Cheers.