Error in entry immigration stamp

Is anyone having same problem as mine. My visa stamp clearly state 3 month and multiple entry, 8/9/2014 to 8/12/2014 but immigration officer put in error Permitted to remain until 8/10/14, basically I am overstayed. I just notice this when the hotel informed me. I am just worried because in the visa stamp written "Length of stay is subject by Immigration Authority". Can anyone advise what to do? Thanks

nard83 wrote:

Is anyone having same problem as mine. My visa stamp clearly state 3 month and multiple entry, 8/9/2014 to 8/12/2014 but immigration officer put in error Permitted to remain until 8/10/14, basically I am overstayed. I just notice this when the hotel informed me. I am just worried because in the visa stamp written "Length of stay is subject by Immigration Authority". Can anyone advise what to do? Thanks

Let me guess where you got it?? Humm, thought so. Need to make another visa run.

The VISA stamp sticker actually is correct because I checked it several times before I got it from SGN airport, then, on entry,immigration officer put only until 08/10/2014  as "permitted to remain until". I was not expecting this, only notice 1 month after when a hotel staff informed me. At first, I was thinking it just a human error and visa will still follows but I started to worry as in visa stamp written " Length of stay is subject to permission by Immigration Authority".  I have no idea how to deal this.

nard83 That happens when immigration looks at your passport and see's something they don't like, or some information they have on their data base about you. They gave you a month to take care of it and just didn't bother to tell you. You need to get an agent really quick, like today, explain the problem and see if they can get you a week or two extension on it. Another month of course would be better, but the clocks ticking, your already two days over and tomorrow is Friday, waiting till Monday to try and take care of it will put you almost a week into overstaying. Another problem is going to be staying at the hotel your at. If they already have identified  that your visa has expired they'll be hard pressed to let you stay. Hotels that let people stay with expired visa's are not normally  on the police good side very long. The longer you wait to get your passport to immigrations the harder it gets to solve the problem and a whole bunch more expensive.

You might have to buy a 'temporary' 10-day visa. Then sort the mess out.

The Immigration guys can see what you Application requested and what the Letter from them authorised.

Likely it happened because the Immigration guy wasn't paying attention. Happens occasionally - most visitors have a 30-day visa.

The Visa Agent can get a receipt for your passport and give it to you for the hotel.

Hi nard,

What you should do right away without any delays is to GO TO THE IMMIGRATION OFFICE and tell them about your story. Dont be afraid. Only them can give you the correct solution rather than any of us in this forum. Then, if they can't do anything to fix that error, it's time to consult the service of a tourist agent now.

Best of luck!

virgoks wrote:

Only them can give you the correct solution rather than any of us in this forum. Then, if they can't do anything to fix that error, it's time to consult the service of a tourist agent now.

Have you ever tried to speak English in an Immigration office?

A TA won't do much good - only Immigration, and money, can fix this, along with a Vietnamese speaking Visa Agent.

OP, contact the party/Visa Agent that submitted your Application for the Letter of Invitation; and ask them to help. Have them ask Immigration to check their computers to see what dates they have.

If it is an Immigration error they might fix it free.

Jaitch wrote:

Have you ever tried to speak English in an Immigration office?

Yes, my former foreign staff used to talk to the Immigration Office in Hue, and they're really helpful (Of course, partly thanks to me)

Jaitch wrote:

A TA won't do much good - only Immigration, and money, can fix this, along with a Vietnamese speaking Visa Agent.

Sorry, I mistyped the name, should be TA

Again, I highly suggest that he should pay an immediate visit to the Immigration Office first. May be it works, who know.

Jaitch wrote.
" Have you ever tried to speak English in an Immigration office? "
  Just returned from there, this is the 2nd time I have had the pleasure of dealing with a front counter officer who thinks she can speak English, ( it became obvious her English teacher was a Russian ), her limited English is very rude and abrupt, this time I was only standing at the counter, beside my Schools Manager, ( no one else was in the office , apart from the OTHER officer who was serving my manager ), she says to me, " You sit down , you don't need to be up here :". ( I've found my ESP hasn't worked very well since living in VN ), I think I prefer it when they don't know any English at all, then you know what to expect.
Now I'm probably in the crap again with Immi, my 90 days is up on Sunday, I've been trying to get this TRC application to their office all week, but been held up by my Manger. They didn't take any paper work today as far as I know.

bluenz wrote:

.. They didn't take any paper work today as far as I know.

Exactly! And the teachers in my former Language Centre didnt have to do anything with the application for their visa extension at all. All paper work have been done by the Admin Office. Everything would be so simple if the Manager is capable enough.

virgoks wrote:
bluenz wrote:

.. They didn't take any paper work today as far as I know.

Exactly! And the teachers in my former Language Centre didnt have to do anything with the application for their visa extension at all. All paper work have been done by the Admin Office. Everything would be so simple if the Manager is capable enough.

No , this is completely different, I'm applying for a TRC, I know what forms are required, ( N6 --N9 ), but I'm sure the Manager doesn't, ( I doubt if she has done this before , the only other Foreign Teacher at this school is Dutch, but he MAY have a TRC?, but that could have been done up to 5 yrs ago ).
  Who pays for these extensions, I had to pay for my Work Permit application , ( 400k ), and now the TRC, ( 3 mil ).
  This manager's English is terrible, I was asking about how far we can go with discipline in the school, telling her that in my other school, I've thrown students books out the door, and told them to leave, and she didn't even bat an eyelid???

Hi All, thanks for all your help. The error was rectified in the airport immigration. I wen to immigration in HCMC, then, they told me to go Airport, so I did. I ask in immigration counter, then they refer me to other officer whom calmly apologize for the mistake. I did not pay anything since my visa still valid. They put correct date below on the previous. So, lesson learned, to check every detail the stamp on your passport when traveling, either, exit or entry.