Everyday life in Ecuador

New member, lifetime traveler.

Hi people I'm a few days form arriving in Ecuador looking for a long term home, lifestyle and income. Cuerneca, Quito or Guayaquil.
Native English speaker, high level of Spanish fluency, (business/professional/legal)

Teaching, tourism, science or sales.  I''m multi skilled and more than highly qualified and educated.

Need advice on: 
Economical rental properties in Q, C or G.
Job or business opportunities that pay more than $5 USD per hour.
Places to meet similar people, locals and or expats.

I am looking forward to meeting some cool people and new friends here I the forum. .

Mark.

@ ElCangrikiwi

You will need residency visas to set up life in Ecuador.

http://cancilleria.gob.ec/immigrant-visas/?lang=en

There are many document challenges.

Thanks for that link Gardener.
I am familiar with Latin American immigration and know how complicated and frustrating the paperwork can be. So am prepared for it.

Right now I'm looking for good leads on employment prospects and accommodation advice, probably for cuernica.

ElCangrikiwi wrote:

New member, lifetime traveler.

Hi people I'm a few days form arriving in Ecuador looking for a long term home, lifestyle and income. Cuerneca, Quito or Guayaquil.
Native English speaker, high level of Spanish fluency, (business/professional/legal)

Teaching, tourism, science or sales.  I''m multi skilled and more than highly qualified and educated.

Need advice on: 
Economical rental properties in Q, C or G.
Job or business opportunities that pay more than $5 USD per hour.
Places to meet similar people, locals and or expats.

I am looking forward to meeting some cool people and new friends here I the forum. .

Mark.

Average monthly income for EC people less than $500/month

Indeed...

Minimum wage for Ecuadorians ( 2014) raised to $340 per month por el gobierno de Presidente Rafael Correa.

Remember,  rich norte americanos, EVERYTHING IS RELATIVE...

You may be happier in this country,  if you recall these words...

Hello Mark,

A new topic has been created as from your post on the Ecuador forum. ;) Do not hesitate to ask more questions here.

Thank you,
Christine

EC is not really the place to go if your intended source of income will be working. At this point it really sounds like the pensionados are barely scraping by on their SS.

Teaching jobs in Quito private/international schools start around $1,600/month and most help with your visa.

Could you suggest any schools?

Colegio Menor, Colegio Americano, Colegio Cotopaxi, Colegio Einstein, Colegio Liceo Internacional, British School, Colegio Terranova, etc.

Thank you so very much!

I can tell you a great way to make a living anywhere in the world. Go to: [link under review]. I can help you if your serious.

A few months back, I got an email from International Living with roughly this same message.

The big secret turned out to be ... sell stuff on eBay.

Many of their posts suggest copywriting ie writing the same promotional BS they send out