Cargo terminal at Malta airport - pet vet check

Hi, my cat will be arriving on 1.5.2014 and i was told that the insepction will be held by vet in a cargo hall, 1.5km from the airport terminal.. does anyone know where this is excactly located.. Asked from the information at the airport, but they couldnt reach anyone who knows this :)

its a taxi ride away from the airport, not accessible through the airport from the main terminal (its actually the old terminal building). Are you arriving with Air Malta, as some other airlines use a different cargo handling agent in a different location at the airport

Hi, the cat is arriving w Lufthansa flight, is it still the same location?

Lufthansa code share many flights with airmalta, so probably yes. Will you be driving ?

Will take a taxi propably, dont have a car

Just ask the taxi driver for the cargo building :-) Its close to the Luqa Lidl

https://www.google.com.mt/maps/@35.8564 … 827436,15z

almost bang in the middle of this map, just right and up a bit from the label Malta international airport, on that circular bit of road - thats the car park for the cargo building, which is right next to it

Ah, grand, i know where the Lidl is, and im quite sure i have seen the cargo building aswell.

Thanks for your help!

its just before you get to Lidl from the airport, and the other side of the road (ie on the airport side of the road)

if its not airmalta place then its near Lufthansa Technik Malta, to the left on the map of the airmalta one, actually closer to apron 2

I remember our vet check. He arrived 2 hours late said he was to busy signed the paper work and left didn't even check the dogs nor their documentation

Just checked the timetables, it seem to be Lufthansas own flight, hopefully the vet arrives in time.. My cat will be leaving Dublin the night before, will be staying overnight in Frankfurt, and then travelling in the morning to Malta. Im quite worried of all this, but have only been reading positive things ab. the company im using and the Frankfurt Pet Lounge :)

Good luck. Like you we brought our cat to Malta & we were not told that we had to collect him from somewhere else! No one at at the airport knew when we arrived, eventually someone phoned to check for us & we were told we had to go to the Air Malta cargo centre at the old airport in Luqa. Although it is only up the road we were stung for 10 Euro for the taxi there & when we eventually were seen by someone in the grotty cargo building office we had to pay 35 Euro import duty for him too lol. Thankfully the vet didn't charge us the 50 Euro they are meant to, so at least that was something!

May I also suggest you buy some Feliway, both in spray form & a plug in. Cats are very senstive creatures & hate change. In the carrier box place your cats favourite blanket in there (we put one of our worn t shirts in there too so he could smell something familiar) then spayed Feliway around the box. We plugged in the Feliway plug in as soon as we arrived at our new pad & then sprayed the spray about too. Our cat didn't eat for a few days & hid away for 2 days too, so just be prepared that it is very traumatic for cats. It took him a while to get settled, but he is absolutely fine now  :top:

jakanfinne wrote:

Just checked the timetables, it seem to be Lufthansas own flight, hopefully the vet arrives in time.. My cat will be leaving Dublin the night before, will be staying overnight in Frankfurt, and then travelling in the morning to Malta. Im quite worried of all this, but have only been reading positive things ab. the company im using and the Frankfurt Pet Lounge :)

You can phone and check that the vet has been notified on 22925367 or 22925172.
We do when we come over by ferry.

Terry

Thanks, will call them at the morning :)

hi , i like to know , if i come with cats and i have all the checks and papers ( from egypt ) what malta needs , i have to do the check in the cargo terminal too ?
i will take the cats with me in the cabine ...
thank you for answer

Hi,

no.If you have the cat in the cabin you proceed to collect your luggage with the cat.

You have to inform the authorities /vet in Malta in advance about your arrival details and the vet will be waiting in the luggage collection hall to check the cats paper/certificates.

Cheers
Ricky

You need to pre notify Malta using the form on this link,

http://vafd.gov.mt/pet-travel-scheme

This link gives the requirements for pets travelling to Malta from outside the EU.

http://ec.europa.eu/food/animal/liveani … ird_en.htm

This link also has the form in a choice of languages.

http://ec.europa.eu/food/animal/liveani … 229_en.htm

Check with your airline regarding the travel  arrangements and where the vet will meet you.

Terry