David

hello im David a dental technician I wanna move to live in French polinesia
can help me some one pls ?

Hi there, :)
As a dental tech you should be able to move everywhere and, if you are a good pro, you will live comfortably.
Why French Polynesia?  :/

Hi John
Yes I be one of the best Dental tech in my country  .I don't know if you know how are the situation here in Spain
but we don't have future and I think that is a good place to move, I have one contact in facebook that ist dental tech and lives there but she told me that " don't come here"the things are very bad too here.
you know some one that can put me in  contact there with some dental lab?
best regards
David

Hello David, :)

The best way for you to decide where to relocate is:

1). Narrow down the list of favorite countries whose language you can speak.

2). Read as much as you can on the Internet about your potential destination(s). There are newspapers online and you can easily get a feeling of what goes on.
Do not think that if the situation in Spain is bad, other countries are paradise heavens.

3). Do not bother with advice from Tom, Dick and Harry.  They are not DTs.
You have a very lucrative profession which will always be in (high) demand, and listening to people from other professions who do not know if they are employed next week, can only disappoint you.
A good DT will have no problems getting work.

4). I am a certified DT and dentist from Romania graduated in 1974 in Bucharest.
To cut a long story short, here where I live since 1991, everybody was intrigued by my arrival.
I gave the Health Ministry my original diploma, they took copies and ... never called me back.
Guess what, I never called them back either, and started my import business.
From there I found out about private investing in 1993 and I did everything in my power to learn this new profession. Over the years, I not only learnt it like nobody else but also I excelled at it on multiple levels.
Now I need not look for jobs of any kind. I provide jobs.

5). I have no clear idea now how you would fit here, 23 years from my arrival. You of course will have another road to walk on in life than me.
I would NEVER go back into dentistry because I now have a different outlook on life.
I have some dental work to do for myself  :) , and planned on going to Cuba where doctors make US$30 / month. I wait for conditions to ease up a bit more, so imports of quality materials can begin.

6). There are Spanish-speaking islands in the Caribbean.
Does the idea of living and working in this region attract you?

7). Do you think you want to select a few places to visit first and then decide which one you wish to settle down?

8). How would you come: family, single, equipment? How old are you?  Can you open your own practice or you just look for jobs?  Do you need capital and how much?  We can discuss a direct investment of US$300K - 500K if you think this island where I am is OK for you. Because of time limitations, I shall not be interested in day-to-day operation of dental lab.
I can tell you that there are tons of equipment for sale in Miami, USA which serves the entire Caribbean.
Can you employ and train (a few) locals?

9). Try to ask questions also on the other countries localized forums, just like you did for French Polynesia. You never know what you will get, or how much time you will waste ...  :top:

Hello John
I be D.T since 1991 . Master in dental ceramics by  Valencia University  1992.
I have 43 years old and I be married . My wife is native from Venezuela and Spanish citizen
she is psychology's  and is finish his doctorate this year.
I know perfectly the social  situations of Caribbean islands and the  rest of Sud America.
I like and I enjoy making crowns but I don't like the part of be owner here because the doctor,s don't pay
I read your profile now and you are in Santa Lucia , my wife have family there pls write to me mail for speak about
the possibility to do some thing together
[email protected]
a hug
David

Hi David, :)

1). Is Venezuela on your list for re-location?

2). How about Isla Margarita off Venezuela's coast?

3). Can your wife speak English at least like you?

4). How soon do you think to re-locate?

5). Doctors not paying?
This has become a global epidemic because everybody (doctors included) wants to live above their means.  That's no longer possible.
If you as a top DT have problems collecting your pay, imagine what happens to regular DTs further down the food chain …

6). I do not think French Polynesia can afford you, nor is it necessary for you to bury yourself alive there.
I think the balance is not on leaving Spain, but rather on arriving to a place which is now developing or will develop soon.

Please reply to the above questions for me to have a clear opinion on your situation.

Hi John
I going to answer your questions .
1-Venezuela was my top in the list, but the problem is that is really dangerous to live there. I was living there
6 months and I see things that I never see before .I have house and family in Caracas but in fact I prefer to be
live and you must to know that me like Spanish with Maduro people, I could have problems they see me like conqueror.
I don't know Margarita my wife tell me that is beautiful and less dangerous than Caracas.
My wife speaks better than me English because his mom is  native from Santa Lucia .
and for the last question I wanna be recolacate during this year asap than its possible I think
best regards
David

davidalvarezgav wrote:

Hi John
I going to answer your questions .
1-Venezuela was my top in the list, but the problem is that is really dangerous to live there. I was living there
6 months and I see things that I never see before .I have house and family in Caracas but in fact I prefer to be
live and you must to know that me like Spanish with Maduro people, I could have problems they see me like conqueror.
I don't know Margarita my wife tell me that is beautiful and less dangerous than Caracas.
My wife speaks better than me English because his mom is  native from Santa Lucia .
and for the last question I wanna be recolacate during this year asap than its possible I think
best regards
David

Hi David, :)
Thanks for your answers.
Your wife from SLU? :/   Who would have thought that???  :D   It's such a small world, isn't it?

The Maduro people must show they are better dental technicians than you and they can call themselves 'conquerors' ...  :D

Is your wife able to start her own practice wherever she goes or must she take a job?   :unsure

Hi John
i be speaking with me wife about the possibility to move to Santa Lucia.
Can you tell me how is the market there for dental technician?
there are to munch labs?
the labs works for all the islands or only for Santa Lucia?
wich is the middle salary in Santa Lucia
and the price for rent a house
there are to much  dental clinics?
the dental prosthesis have a few price or better you know
the price of the dental ceramics crown or circomium
best regards
David

davidalvarezgav wrote:

Hi John
i be speaking with me wife about the possibility to move to Santa Lucia.

Great.  It's better than French Polynesia where you have to speak French.  Not to say that in SLU you will be closer to Caracas.

davidalvarezgav wrote:

Can you tell me how is the market there for dental technician?

Just like everything else: 3rd world & expensive.
There are only 2-3 qualified DTs I knew of.

davidalvarezgav wrote:

there are to munch labs?

2 (two) small private ones. Some doctors have their gypsum caster guy.

davidalvarezgav wrote:

the labs works for all the islands or only for Santa Lucia?

Only for SLU. Most dental work goes by FedEx to Miami where prices are best and fast service.

davidalvarezgav wrote:

wich is the middle salary in Santa Lucia

US$800 - $1,000 / month

davidalvarezgav wrote:

and the price for rent a house

US$1,000 - $2,500 / month (prices came down because of large supply and not much demand).

davidalvarezgav wrote:

there are to much  dental clinics?

There are about 20 dentists (mostly locals, 2 British and 1-2 Syrian).

davidalvarezgav wrote:

the dental prosthesis have a few price or better you know

Everything is expensive compared to median SLU income.

davidalvarezgav wrote:

the price of the dental ceramics crown or circomium

No idea. I am not in this business since July 1991.

davidalvarezgav wrote:

best regards
David

Have you been to SLU before?

Thank you John. After your answers i see clear that the market there ist really dificult to become a New dental lab there because the clinic s are loking for price in Miami

davidalvarezgav wrote:

Thank you John. After your answers i see clear that the market there ist really dificult to become a New dental lab there because the clinic s are loking for price in Miami

Hello David, :)

You are a good DT and you will do well anywhere you go.
Plus you have a highly qualified wife who cannot do bad anywhere the two of you go.

Good luck! ...  :top: