Income Tax return

Greetings,

I need a info regard filling income tax return in India.
I was born and bought up in  India & I  work in Afghanistan  since 2009 .I don't have any assets in India.I have a saving account and my salary will be deposited in  my brother  saving account.
Do I need to pay income tax in India.

why would your employer issue cheques for salary in the name of your brother ? Do you have a joint savings bank account with your brother ? Is he filing IT returns ? What will be your salary (Gross) ? It is not possible to suggest any thing with half told story. Why not ask your employer to pay in cash ?

greetings,

I work in different parts of Afghanistan. Employer sent salary through wire transfer.
we don't have any joint account.my brother doesn't fill It returns.14000$ is the gross salary.I work in different location and it is not permitted to carry cash.
I don't have any FD or any assets on my name.
i have saved 7 lac in my brother saving A/c.
I need to pay any tax to it.
Please advise.

You do not need to pay tax in India because a) you do not live there  b) all your income is outside of India. However, deposit your slary in your account in Afganistan and/or somehwere outside of India. Your brother may otherwise get into trouble. he may have to prove that your salary is a gift. proving anything in India to a an inspector is risky and troublesome.
secondly make sure that you are not staying in India more than 182 days in any tax year.That also include th eyear you go back.

The question is not do you "need" to pay income tax; the question is do you "want" to pay income tax. If yes, then I would suggest that you get some psychiatric help.

incometaxslabs.co.inaxslabs.co.ine is the income tax slabs for the year 2014-2015, categorized age-wise. incometaxslabs.co.in
Right now i don't have link for NRI. But hope you get it googling.

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am going to Ghana for 9 to 12 months in the month of January 2015. My salary will be 3,000 US dollars when I will be at Ghana. The government organization will deposit my salary in my saving account in India when I will be in Ghana.

Condition is this I am working at Ghana and staying in Ghana and I am receiving my salary in Indian saving account in India, the organization is Indian and I have only stay visa at Ghana not working visa.

My question is this how much tax I have to pay in India. How much money will be deducted from my salary every month.

Even I think you don't need to pay tax in India.

jai_Viru wrote:

Greetings,

I need a info regard filling income tax return in India.
I was born and bought up in  India & I  work in Afghanistan  since 2009 .I don't have any assets in India.I have a saving account and my salary will be deposited in  my brother  saving account.
Do I need to pay income tax in India.

Whether you need to pay tax in India is dependent upon your residential status.
Basically, if you are an NRI - your income which is earned outside India will not be taxed in India. However, income from assets or sources in India may be taxed in India.
If you are Resident in India - all your income (from both in India and outside) is taxable in India.

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Free advertising is not allowed on the forum
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct