New to Expat

Hi my name is Tessa I am from Melbourne Australia, I joined this site to meet people from around the world.
I have travelled to Paris, Croatia, USA and Venice last year.
This year I am heading to Mexico and Estonia so if anyone has been there I would love to hear your experiences and best places to go!

Hi tessajetson,

Please note that your topic has been moved to the Estonia forum for more visibility and for more interaction with the members. :)

I suggest you to post in the Mexico forum as well, it will help you to obtain the testimonies of expats that moved there.:)

Thank you,

Priscilla
Expat.com team

Hello Tessa:
I lived in Tallinn for a year (Aug, 2012 - July, 2013) but am now back in the states.  I lived in Toompea, which is th hilltop of Old Town.  You'll DEFINITELY want to visit Old Town and all of the charming places there.  Visit the sea side (really nice walks along the beach of Pirita).  If you're staying for a longer period to time, take the ferry to Helsinki--easy two-hour ride (Tallink is less expensive, but it docks farther from the city center of Helsinki, so I'd take the Viking Line, just for the convenience), and/or the bus (from autobussijam) to Riga, which is almost as charming as Tallinn.  You can even take the ferry to Helsinki, then take a boat to St. Petersburg (without a tourist visa) for three days.  Be sure to look up what concerts/performances are playing in the churches in Old Town.  If you're in Estonia when it's warmer, Pärnu is the summer resort of Estonia (the same bus that takes you to Riga will take you to Pärnu) on the west coast.  There are castles all over Estonia which are very nice to visit, as well.

Allen (former Tallinn resident, now living in Portland, Oregon, USA)

That looks amazing and I never knew Estonia had castles, I am going there this year so i will look up the area you went to!!!