Apple iPAD Tablet

I'm Planning to get an iPad but I'm not sure if it will work here in Libya!

Mommy25 wrote:

Why? :rolleyes:

Do they have some kind of Libyaphobic operating system? :lol:

They are unlocked not like the Iphone I was told so you can put any micro sim in them from local phone store the guy at the apple store in the states told me. Here is a link to specs apple.com/ipad/specs/

Sandman6 wrote:
Mommy25 wrote:

:lol::lol::lol:

The guy in the apple store in Houston told me they are not allowed to sell them for overseas markets at present (this was 2 weeks ago) and that the iPad's were for use with AT&T systems only, not unlocked........

Please do your homework before you buy one.

Keep.it.simple wrote:
Sandman6 wrote:
Mommy25 wrote:

:lol::lol::lol:

haHAHAHAHa....yea i think so..very carefull on buying electronics from outside! :P

Siddiqui wrote:

The guy in the apple store in Houston told me they are not allowed to sell them for overseas markets at present (this was 2 weeks ago) and that the iPad's were for use with AT&T systems only, not unlocked........

Please do your homework before you buy one.

yea..yea they also told me but other people told me that it will work..and they are already selling iPad in Dahra only one store has it..and it's bloody expensive 1400LYD..anyway i will still keep reading...tnx!!!....

they do work, I have one its working just fine. I cut my sim card in the shape of a mini sim and put it in and its rolling along. I bought it in Canada. Jailbroke it and have no issues with it at all. Here in libya.

so i have to jailbreak it!?..is it just like a netbook?,,or if it's 3G then i have to jailbreak it?..

It's working perfectly!!....i got it!!!

Congrats   If you don't mind post a update I just bought mine but have not made it over yet let me know if you find any quarks o recommend any apps please

Canadianturkey wrote:

they do work, I have one its working just fine. I cut my sim card in the shape of a mini sim and put it in and its rolling along. I bought it in Canada. Jailbroke it and have no issues with it at all. Here in libya.

would you suggest jailbreaking an iPhone 3gs ?
I want to but the reviews I have read are scary ...bricking etc.

I'd wait till next month when the new model comes out

Sandman6 wrote:

I'd wait till next month when the new model comes out

Thanks Sandman6 : ) I really enjoy reading your posts : )
take care and see you around

yea yea..ur ryt!..Sandman6 is really a good adviser and commentor. :D

Hi Mommy25,
How is the IPAD different from Itouch or Iphone?

marvfin wrote:

Hi Mommy25,
How is the IPAD different from Itouch or Iphone?

If you drop it on your foot, it'll break your toes & your wallet

True, hahaha but Im curious about it's features when itouch or the iphone can perform similar function.

hahahaha.....sooo funny..anyway what can i say to an iPad..iPad is just like an iPhone..but I'm just waiting for this iWork because it's going to work on iPad..what else..checking pictures on iPad makes me dizzzzzzy...but it's cool and fun...typing is nice...hhmmmmmmmmmm..........i think thats it..if i have a new update will tell you..hehehe

Sounds like you are having fun with that Ipad mine should arrive next Thursday have you tried the translation apps?

yea...but sadly now it's just on the table..no one use it for 5days.. :( ...anyway from whom do you order..did they deliever here?

Sorry I had mine delivered in the US. So why are you not using yours?

they deliever it here?..i don't know i was a gadget geek but when i start working and my daugther is around...hmmmm...i saw myself stock on my iPhone and not wishing for other thingss.. :) ...only wishing for a car..hehehehe

It works with wifi

Its Unlocked by apple , So, all you need to do is get 3G microsim card.

You can check below YouTube URL. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToXqDSc- … re=related

wrote:

If the I-Pad had a camera and a built in mic so you could skype with it (or video equivalent) it would have truly been revolutionary....as it is it's a giant I-Pod touch that will conect via 3G instead of just wi-fi.

The iPad does have a mic (no cam unfortunately) and the iphone skype application works great on it!