Cell phone SIM cards, visiting the US of A

Hello all,

Thanks to all the helpful information I have received here I have been getting along just great since my arrival. Soon I will be returning to the US for the holidays. I have an unlocked iPhone and am looking for the best way to purchase a SIM card that I can use for calls/texts once in the US.

I don not want to contract a plan, but need a cheap option to be in touch with people during my 2 week stay. Any help will be much appreciated. THank you!

Hello,
I would go to one of the major carriers and have them put in a SIM card in , then just add a certain dollar amount of minutes on it. I did it with T-Mobile in the states.
Hope you enjoy your trip.
Neil
Ps. I know Verizon will do it also.

I use RedPocket. There are numerous. When I return to Orlando every 3 months I just buy a new SIM on Amazon and put it in my phone and activate when I arrive.

goredpocket.com

They have 7, 15, monthly pre-paid plans with 4G data. International rates are cheap too, but they utilize Google Voice for International calls.

ZenSPIKE wrote:

Hello,
I would go to one of the major carriers and have them put in a SIM card in , then just add a certain dollar amount of minutes on it. I did it with T-Mobile in the states.
Hope you enjoy your trip.
Neil
Ps. I know Verizon will do it also.

Second T-Mobile. Use there prepaid as my everyday carrier for my unlocked phone. Just buy a sim card, and pick one of their prepaid plans. I use the unlimited text and date with 100 talk minutes for $30 a month, but they have other cheaper, and more expensive options. Depends on what you want.

Verizon AND Sprint use CDMA technology. (Virgin as well)

Unlocked GSM phones will not function on their network. It needs to be AT&T or T-Mobile - or the handful of other CLECs. RedPocket uses the AT&T network.

Thank you all!