How can I bring my dog home ...

I have been travel with this dog ... His name is Boogie .

[img align=http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e128/Daisyha123/a12754fc-a42a-4d59-b979-30eb377eba19_zps2811924a.jpg][img]..

He been with me more than six months .. We're traveled around vn with the motorbike ... He been up in Fansipan mountain.  ... top off Vietnam land  mark Lung Cu, Dong Van ... Also down south at the bottom Ca Mau ..

. Make  it short ... I falling in love with him and now I want to bring him home with me ... USA ...

Is anyone know what kind paper work that I need to do for him,,.

Thank you ...

Ps: I have two week left for him ...

[img align=[IMG]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e128/Daisyha123/3dbaaac8-39e5-4872-816e-b451bbf7c26e_zps8459edc4.jpg[/img]]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e128/Daisyha123/3dbaaac8-39e5-4872-816e-b451bbf7c26e_zps8459edc4.jpg[/img]

Check with the airlines you plan to fly. The very minimum will be a rabies certificate and often a series of specific vaccinations the animal has had to have had within a specified amount of time, signed by a veterinarian and certified by the host country organization. (with translations if not available in English)

We brought three cats home from Korea with us. It takes a few days to get everything ready, and remember that some of the vaccinations have to have been given a specified time before shipment.

THe Airlines are usually up on this. If not, try the consulate or embassy. Good luck.

Daiisy wrote:

I have been travel with this dog ... His name is Boogie ... He been with me almost six months .. Travel around vn ... He been up in fansipan ... And top off Vietnam land  mark Lung Cu ... Also down south tp the sea Ca Mau ... Make  it short ... I falling in love with him and now I want to bring to USA ... Is anyone know what kind paper work that I need to o for him,,.

Thank you ...

Ps: I have two week for him ...

Dogs who have never been vaccinated against rabies (also known as rage), must be vaccinated at least 30 days before entering the United States.

You need that vaccination certificate (translated in English). 

For your home reading pleasure...

U.S. Customs and Border Protection - What are the requirements for bringing my pet dog into the U.S.?

Centers for Disease Control and Prevention - Bringing a Dog into the United States

You said you have two weeks....so unless you did vaccinate him recently .... I don't know what else to tell you, except delay your flight to the USA.

If a vaccination has not been performed, or if the certificate is not valid, the animal may be admitted if it is confined upon arrival at a place of the owner's choosing. The dog must be vaccinated within four days after arrival at the final destination, but no more than 10 days after arrival at the port of entry. The animal must remain in confinement for at least 30 days after being vaccinated. If the vaccination was performed less than 30 days before arrival, the animal may be admitted but must be confined at a place of the owner's choosing until at least 30 days have passed since the vaccination. Owners of dogs that do not have a valid rabies certificate are required to fill out and sign a Notice to Owners and Importers of Dogs form at the port of entry, which is submitted to the quarantine station that oversees the port of entry. Be aware, the quarantine station follows up with the owner's local health department, to ensure the vaccination takes place. So it is essential that the owner complies with these requirements.  Note:  If there is a reason such as allergies, etc., that a dog is unable to be vaccinated for rabies, quarantine will be required.  Contact the port of entry for details.

An owner's home can be the "place of the owner's choosing."

*Be aware that some local governments in the U.S. do have breed restrictions.  If your dog is a breed subject to restriction in the area where your dog will arrive in the U.S., you may wish to check with the port you plan to enter to insure your dog will be able to enter without complications.

VungTauDon wrote:

If a vaccination has not been performed, or if the certificate is not valid, the animal may be admitted if it is confined upon arrival at a place of the owner's choosing. The dog must be vaccinated within four days after arrival at the final destination, but no more than 10 days after arrival at the port of entry. The animal must remain in confinement for at least 30 days after being vaccinated. If the vaccination was performed less than 30 days before arrival, the animal may be admitted but must be confined at a place of the owner's choosing until at least 30 days have passed since the vaccination. Owners of dogs that do not have a valid rabies certificate are required to fill out and sign a Notice to Owners and Importers of Dogs form at the port of entry, which is submitted to the quarantine station that oversees the port of entry. Be aware, the quarantine station follows up with the owner's local health department, to ensure the vaccination takes place. So it is essential that the owner complies with these requirements.  Note:  If there is a reason such as allergies, etc., that a dog is unable to be vaccinated for rabies, quarantine will be required.  Contact the port of entry for details.

An owner's home can be the "place of the owner's choosing."

*Be aware that some local governments in the U.S. do have breed restrictions.  If your dog is a breed subject to restriction in the area where your dog will arrive in the U.S., you may wish to check with the port you plan to enter to insure your dog will be able to enter without complications.

So it seems like you (Daiisy) can just vaccinate the dog now (the two weeks time frame) and confined it when you arrive stateside.

Daisy,

I have researched about this topic for sometime and there is only one way you can take your pet out of this country with great annoyance (believe me!) pls read my message to Gazelle, that applies to other countries as well. I think this Vet. doctor is the only one who can send pet out of this country. mind you its expensive.  sorry to be so negative about this I hate the feeling of being abused by opportunistic people when you are on such situation, and there is nothing you can do about it because you can't leave a good pet behind.

Daisy,

HI!  good news!  I have just found out some solutions to your misery, I hope I'm not too late,  regarding the requirements needed for you to travel with your pet back to US.  Forget the Vet. who will ask so much.  I met the Vice Director of  the Regional Animal Health (Department of Animal Health HCM. A very very nice lady, very humble and she is the answer to all our misery she is a very big help her name is Ms. Phuong.   

First:  You need to be sure you have all the required vaccination for your pet, especially the anti-rabies vaccine. (this cost 50,000 vnd from my vet. unlike those other vets who will charge you 10x or more) but just in case you can call this no. 08 385 36132 for District 2,  it is a Sub Department of Animal Health HCM, you can ask for their address.

And take note. usually Vets. and other opportunistic people will charge you from 500,000 vnd to a million or more per pet,  for the Animal Health Certificate from the Department of
Animal Health of Vietnam,  but the truth is i got mine for my two dogs for 79,000 vnd !!!  yes! less than a 100,000 vnd.  with an official receipt from the department itself.  so if you have questions, this people in the Regional Animal Health Office No. 6.

I cannot express how grateful i am to those people, and of all the people to trust who else is more reliable, but those working in the Department of Animal Health themselves, because they are the one responsible for all these stuff.

Here is the no. to call 0839483045  look for Ms Phuong (please be courteous or respectful when talking to her, remember that we are the one asking for questions and favors. manners pls)

The Regional Animal Health Office address is 521/1 Hoang Van Thu St.,  ward 4 Tan Binh District HCM. 
http://www.cucthuy.gov.vn/  this is the link my apology having difficulty writing Vietnamese. lol!

Hope this help you as it help me a lot.

For my vets.no. its 3514 7599  by the way she is the most discriminated Vet. known in the forum but it is so unfair on her part, because she is not a monster as others describe her, I never seen her tied my dogs for check-up or vaccination procedure. she maybe strict looking or serious but she is a fine vet.(Dr. Kim Chi) although i would suggest that if you need the health certificate go directly to the Animal Health Office ok coz she charge me 500,000 per dog :P

Hi aubrey zaragoza,

Thank you for your contribution :)

You should recommend your vet in the Ho Chi Minh City business directory please

Thank you

Maximilien

Max,

Hi! Max, is it ok to call you Max?,  I don't think it is necessary to advertise my Vet. in the Directory  I have no business relation with her, and on my reply I have shared her phone no. that is just to justify all the negative stuff being said against her,  I knew her clinic from my neighbor who have two dogs and a Vietnamese.

She charge less for the series of vaccines.  Like the first two set of initial vaccines for puppies ( DH(A2)PPi/L :  Canine Distemper, Parvovirus, Adenovirus type 1 & 2. Parainflueza, and Lestospira) 150,000 vnd x 2 because its done twice, one  month apart, deworming is 25,000 vnd, and the anti rabies is 50,000vnd.

I am sharing this so that foreigners like me who is new in  HCM  can compare price.  She is Dr. Kim Chi, she never tied my dogs for vaccination procedure, nor over vaccinate them, I go on her clinic in Binh Than (Family Vet.) i don't know anything about those other clinics where she also practice her profession. But it is always safe to call first and ask directly from their clinic about prices and as I mentioned there is an alternative Public Animal Health Clinic where i think these procedure are being given much cheaper.