Custom Sarong Manufacturer in Bali or surrounding areas?

Hello All!

I've frequently come across this forum in researching my prospective business (which is nearing fruition everyday) and would like to introduce myself as this is my very first post! My name is Kim and I've grown up in Hawaii all my life. I love the island life, and no matter where else I've lived, I have always found myself returning to my island-home. I also love to visit Fiji and Bali...I was just in Bali last month actually. It was so hard to leave!

Anyhow, my reason for creating this post is because I am looking to get custom sarongs made (maybe 100-200 total for now; and around 10 different designs). If my first order works out, then I would like to establish a consistent working relationship with the manufacturer with much larger orders, and more designs. Can anyone recommend a trusted source in Bali or Java or Sumbawa? I'm open to any other locations within reason as well.

As I receive suggestions for contacts, I will initially be emailing (or making contact online via Viber/Skype/Facetime/etc) and then once I've narrowed it down I will be returning to Bali to schedule meetings in-person. I would like to do this soon and get things going as quickly as possible.

I appreciate any help that I will be receiving from you all (as you are invaluable sources of information there--I genuinely look forward to your replies) and would like to Thank You in advance!

Aloha,

Kim

Hi Kim!

What kind of sarongs do you want?...batik, endek, ikat…on cotton, on silk, on ???...traditional woven and dyed, or machine printed???

It's said that kain (cloth) is the soul of Indonesia, and it is, especially the real traditional textiles but you can have anything made here.

As to where to have your sarongs made, that all depends on answers to the questions above.

Cheers, and good luck.