Apartment in Saigon

Hi All,

I'm going to move to HCMC and would like to rent an apartment, I've read the pitfalls and things to avoid when considering this stage of the move and won't rent until I arrive, but it's really the area I'm looking for tips on.  So here I go:

I'm looking for a nice apartment with good services and most importantly the best wi-fi Saigon has to offer.  I don't wish to be in an expat community as I'd like to experience Vietnamese culture and learn rather than be secluded.  I don't wish to be to far out, close to District 1 for the finance sector and close to the city center to be able to go out in the evening if that's possible.  I enjoy sport, so would like to be able to easily access parks on foot etc.

This is pretty much a starting point and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much for any help

Tony

Hi tonycain7,

Welcome to Expat-Blog :)

You can post an advert in the Flats for rent in Ho Chi Minh City section please. It might help :)

Just make sure they provide wi-fi and any other things you might want.

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

I lived in the area to know what apartments to live in. What's your budget? You expect to have the best wi-fi but that's something you'll need to pay for and set up with the provider. Hi-speed wifi here is a premium service.

Apartments that I can recommend are Saigon Pearl, City Garden, The Manor, Sky Garden just off the top of my head. Easier if I had an idea what your budget is to better tell you what you can expect.

I use to live in Saigon Pearl, had plenty of friends at the Manor and City Garden so I have an idea how much apartments are close to District 1, the city center.

Oh and in regards to parks, there's not much here. There are some but don't expect the parks to be like where you are from. Van Thanh Park is in walking distance from The Manor. You can swim there, play tennis, but thats about it.

For sports most people play soccer/football here. Many places around where companies and groups of friends play at small soccer fields.
Batminton is also playable here.

Then you got your weird games like dodgeball, ultimate freebies, paintball, etc.

Rare places have basketball courts.

District 3 or Quan 3 is just next to District 1

Closed