Certificate Attestation (India)

Hi..myself Avinash and recently i have received an offer from a reputed company in Oman. I would like to know is it required to submit original certificates for labour clearance and employment VISA as my consultant asked to submit all and he is ready to give an undertaking. He also mentioned that this is mandatory now in OMAN since past 6 months and i can recollect all documents at the time of joining.

HR manager has mailed to submit all certificates in original so that they could arrange accommodation accordingly.

Please guide me on submission of original documents.

Thanks

avi0505,

Not only the originals, it has to be apostled too.
There are several posts explaining the process in this forum.

Generally they would ask for the certificate with the highest degree/credential.

This is required for manpower clearance and no so much for accommodation.

Thanks

Thanks Indianwanderlust....yeah it required Apostille too and it is arranging by consultant only.

all earlier posts were not new and that's the reason i posted here as fresh query.
Should i submit original certificate?

Regards,

You wont have a choice ...

its a little weird though (as somewhere in the forum i read that the originals got misplaced).

Thanks

Hi avi0505,

By sending your originals you are running a huge risk. Especially since you are not yet in Oman. In case your papers get damaged or worse misplaced, you can do nothing about it. This is something you must factor in, even though the probability of such a thing happening is rather remote.

Why don't you suggest sending your future employer colour photocopies of the same certificates instead ? In any case, after you come you could furnish the originals for their review and approval.

There have been instances where before the candidate could join the original educational certificates were lost and the candidate's employment offer too was rejected, leaving him helpless, high and dry with zero recourse to any solution.

If sending the original documents have been made mandatory, and if you must send the originals then you must, in your own interest, ask the employer to give you a proper acknowledgement on their company letterhead and signed by an authorised signatory, the receipt of your educational certificates. That letter must mention all the details clearly mentioned, like the university's name, course's name, course's duration, the date of issue, et al. This would be needed in case anything goes wrong.

Also do read the many other posts on the forum on this very same subject. You will know what others in your same position have been through.

Sir
I did Attested my b,tech certificate India apostall .what its need me Oman apostall .because i am doing work in Oman.

I got job opportunity from Oman, and I have done attested  and apostilled my degree from Indian authorities .
But the attestation agency said to me only apostille is mandatory for issue employment visa for Oman,  Do not required Oman embassy.
Please confirm me Oman embassy is require or no
Please reply me any one My whtsap No- ***

Moderated by Christine 5 years ago
Reason : for security reason, please exchange your private contact via your private message system. Thank you

Hi
I am RD,
I worked in Oman and now I would like to do the notarization of my work certificate. Kindly explain to me what is the procedure to do it from Oman?
Is it ok to do it from India?? If so do they require a stamp from foreign affairs??

Hi
I got an opportunity in Oman for an Engineer position. They ask Apostle for my degree certificate for getting my Visa. Agents in India are saying this process:
Notary
Sub Divisional Magistrate
MEA(Ministry of External Affairs)
MEA Apostle Stamp

Is this sufficient or Home(HRD) stamp also required is my question? Can somebody share their experience

Thank you
Rao OMG

hi
Could you share you experience? Are original degree certificates really required even now 2019?
Thanks
RaoOMG

@Guest2345

Hi in my BEd certificate only SDM MEA and apostle sticker is there Is this enough for getting teacher visa in Oman?

@Omg2019

same question for me also