Which parts of Basra are safe and which are not?

Please give me the info since my hubby is going to work in Basra.
I am sooo worried.

Thanks

Hi

He needs to take care of hims and keep away from having any issues with the Iraq boys.. Baghdad i have heard from the locals boys they have a lot of issues there. All depends where he lives and works, can't say anymore.

Wish him all the best.

Thanks for the answer.
I know that Baghdad is dangerous place to be, but my husband will be situated in Basra region, I am not quite sure but I think it's Majnoon oil field, that's why I am asking which parts of the region are more or less dangerous. Anyhow, he will be in campound all the time.

He should be ok, like me I get around the country and I have seen a lot... No more to say, not like home *Dubai*...

You are in Kurdistan?
Kurdistan is safe, it's different story with that part of Iraq.:)

Yes I am in Kurdistan region. If you go out you will see a lot around the country. The people are nice to me because I blend in with them. The only issue I see is that people are all caring guns with them which gets a bit crazy when they drink.

I am in Basra only, he has to avoid the crowded place like markets such areas rests limit to moving other areas other than work place and stay.

Hi,

This is Safetybala again your hubby is going to be northern region of basra which more comfort and safety zone you need nor worry. He will be safe, the area need to be cautious in the basra town area.

Bala

You cannot compare Kurdistan with Basra, because Kurdistan is totally different in everything with Basra in everything.