Ramadan

Hello Friends,

Hope you are doing great.

As we know the month of Ramadan will start on the 10th of July, and my friends informed me that during the month of ramadan most of the hotels will close their outlets.

am here from 4 months ago, and am looking for a good place to spend evening during Ramadan, beside malls and souq what is the normal activities to do in Ramadan.

and if you want to go Iftar in hotel what would be your best hotel to have Iftar?

Thank you,

hey go to W hotel they have the best iftar
and beside the malls and the souq there is nothing welcome to qatarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :(

Oh so there is reduced activity in Qatar during this season

Do you recommend to go to Oryx Rotana they are serving a nice food but i didn't tried in Ramadan, anybody had experience in Oryx Rotana??

So my friends told me the truth, nothing beside Malls and Souq!!?

I have heard that there are places serving food during iftar for free. Dont quote me on this, but I recall hearing it was in the mosques? Does it apply to the places mentioned above as well? Such as Oryx Rotana or W Hotel?

hotel restaurants/cafes will be open during Ramadan, with some areas cordoned off for non-muslim guests to eat during the day "unseen". All other restaurants/cafes will open in the evening, like the malls/souq unless their owners have decided to take that month as their holiday. Many would offer iftar. However, none of the 'licenced' premises will be serving during Ramadan, although you may find them open in the evenings if they serve food.

The best place to go and to do during Ramadan is spend a DVD movie marathon in a friend's flat at the Pearl. Sound very comfy and peaceful anyways. Besides hotels and bars will not be that vibrant and lively anyways. That would be pretty cool.