From England but want to get married in France

Hi there as i live in England my daughter and her partner are both from England but want to get married in France.Could anyone tell me how long we have to be over France for before they can get married thank you..........

Hello Frankie and welcome to Expat.com :)

The members will soon come back to you with proposed ideas ;)

Yours,
Pravin.

Hope this helps, lots info out there, but you need be a resident here.

One of the couple getting married must have been resident in a commune in France for a minimum of one month prior to the civil marriage. The civil marriage must take place in that commune. If both parties have been resident for over 30 days in different communes, the application for the civil marriage may be made to the mairie (Town Hall) of either commune.

The mairie should provide an explanatory brochure (in French) about the documents and certificates to be provided. Only original documents or authenticated photocopies will be accepted. Documents not in French should be translated by a sworn translator (traducteur assermenté). (Names of sworn translators are available from the mairie or local police station).

French law requires the publication of Banns at the mairie of the commune of residence 10 days prior to the civil marriage. Certain documents must be received and approved by the mairie before Banns may be posted. A mairie may require a complete marriage file 10 or more days prior to the publication of Banns. Confirm these requirements.

A religious ceremony may only be performed after the civil ceremony. The minister, priest or rabbi will require the certificate of civil marriage (certificat de célébration civile) as proof that the civil ceremony has taken place.