Are there indian families in Erbil

hi,

i will be travelling to Erbil, next month i may get my wife and 2 dughters there after 2 months. I need to understand if erbil has good schools and are there indian families there.

Hi Manoj Gahlot,

Welcome to Expat.com!

I have created a new topic as from your post on the Iraq forum for more visibility.

Wish you all the best,
Christine

Hi,

I have seen a few Indian families. If you bring your children please consider the British School as I heard from one Indian family there are some Indian children there. I don't personally know anything about that school but their website describes their curriculum.

The Indian children I know have faced discrimination from local children attending a private school because of their skin color even though their father is a well educated professional. (The private school is NOT the British School but another school.)

I know a few workers from India who are here alone and they are working in support service industries so many locals view all Indians they see as being "domestic" help. This is a very wrong local attitude. You might need to prepare your children in advance for how to deal with such ignorant attitudes that some of the community people have here.

we are indians and till now i haven't experience any locals showing this attitude to us....infact they are far far helpful and kind to us...they leave their own tasks to help us....bravo kurdish....!!!

I am so glad you have not experienced these negative attitudes.
My Indian friends have reported their experiences to me and they have not had very positive interactions. I guess it is like anywhere else, there is good and bad depending upon the individual person.

what is the present condition.

Hi Sushiljpr,

Just to inform you that this thread is inactive since 2013 [6years]. :/

can u guide me for tourist visa for visit The Yazidi Holy Site Of Lalish, Iraqi Kurdistan.

now Iam UAE residence (indian passport holder )